Best Non-Bank Money Exchange In Pattaya

scorecard

Without a shadow of doubt the very BEST rates available for GBP US$ and EUROS is the T & T Exchange booths on Pattaya 2nd Road. Coming from Pattaya Tai the first booth is closest just 100 yards down on the right. The second booth is on the left hand side of the road but further down but before Royal garden mall.

Try YENGJIT money exchangers on walking street,located about half way down,on the right hand side if your coming from beach road.They had no problem changing 500,000 THB back to GBP last year for my wife,very good service indeed,One of the best places to change money.

• Like 1

Without a shadow of doubt the very BEST rates available for GBP US$ and EUROS is the T & T Exchange booths on Pattaya 2nd Road. Coming from Pattaya Tai the first booth is closest just 100 yards down on the right. The second booth is on the left hand side of the road but further down but before Royal garden mall.

I would second this recommendation for $US as well. If you have more than a couple of thousand to change get hold of the owner/bosses phone number from one of the branches and she will usually give you a better rate. I consistently received a better rate here then from the the one mentioned in Walking Street which I had previously used.

They also have another branch on Beach road about 300 metres before the entrance to walking Street. The T&T name stands out well as it is on a bright yellow background.

I would second this recommendation for $US as well. If you have more than a couple of thousand to change get hold of the owner/bosses phone number from one of the branches and she will usually give you a better rate. I consistently received a better rate here then from the the one mentioned in Walking Street which I had previously used.

They also have another branch on Beach road about 300 metres before the entrance to walking Street. The T&T name stands out well as it is on a bright yellow background.

Thank you for making that valid point. You are absolutely correct.

I asked for a telephone quote for an exchange of 1.3 million Japanese Yen and got a rate better than the day rate on the internet.

T & T is the place to go.

Sorry to be a bit thick but what or where is Pattaya Thai ?

Sorry to be a bit thick but what or where is Pattaya Thai ?

Pattaya Thai (road) ceases at the Motorbike shop across from Ton'y food hall at the junction of third road.

It then becomes Pattaya south road and goes past Tukcom and then Wat Chai and to the junction of second road.

Turn right at this junction into second road and proceed towards the Royal Garden Plaza where you will find the exchange booth's mentioned.

Edited by nam-thip

^^ LOL. Pattaya Tai suddenly becomes 'English' at the 3rd road intersection?

Nua means north, Klang means center so Tai means....?

Good tips on forex though. I always recommended Yenjit on WS but I will recommend T&T to visitors from now on.

south

• 1 month later...

Agreed, & they've also got a booth on Beach Road, just before you hit Walking Street.

There are also a couple on North Pattaya Road that offer good rates(can't remember the names), one on each side of the road close to the Dolphin Roundabout.

• 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...

TT exchange in addition to the branch on beach rd and the 2 either side of second rd also have 2 in soi buakoaw, 1 opposite oasis agogo and the other a bit north just past pooks bar.

also unless u are exchanging the national debt of zimbabwe super richley between the temple (wat chaimongkron) and the traffic lights in south pattaya rd has almost identical rates.

i have changed money before at rungland gold shop but it's a bit harder to get to than these other outlets.

Bank Gold in Soi Rungland off Pattaya Tai, i know the name says "bank" but's not a bank as such - always been the best around here.

This is the best- the others mentioned here come close and the difference is so little is really down to location and accessablility - whichever is closest - unless of course you are exchanging a large amount of cash then the Gold Bank on soi Rungland is the best option - they will give you an even better exchange rate for large amounts.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I usually go the second floor of Tops next to the book exchange.

Ignore what they have on the board because they always discount especially if you change 1000 dollars upwards.

I also use the exchange at tops,was the best rate that i seen in june,a bit better than T.T.

• 6 months later...

I have quite a few notes with writing on. The normal thing when someone counts their loot. They jot down the sum on the top note. My bank here will not take them, and only accepts notes in clean condition. Will the exchange booths take them?

• 4 months later...

Yes the two money exchanges in Soi Diana - always higher than TT by a fraction

Opposite Areca Lodge and next to LK Renaissance and the other one is directly opposite same side as Areca

Others talk about the money exchange in Tops Supermarket - corner of Pattaya Klang and 2nd Road BR side - depends on your location