Further Education For The Tgf

BOOKEMDANO

Hello,

We (my g/f and I) have been talking about this for a while now and both think it's a good idea to enrol her in a graduate programme somewhere in Chiang Mai. She already has a degree in mass communication from Ramkangheng university in Bangkok but she would really like to become a teacher later on in her life, she is 26.

I just wanted to know if anybody here has sent their significant other's to pursue further education and if so, what did they study and where?

Any experiences shared would be greatly appreciated.

Yes top idea to keep the misses busy- many have tried- some succeed yet fail over a long enough time frame. If she keen then she would have all the information ready for you. She would be pushing you daily and leaving information around the house, etc. To me it sounds like another Farang wishing his Tgf contribute more financially.

If you pushing her, she will not do. From personal experience over many years with many Tgf's, she must instigate that she wishes to do something.

Not you bringing up the subject then she saying Yes yes that would be good- just to please you.

She wants to please you- that good yet in my experience you push someone to do something. Then she resents you, as you want her to do more and you resent her for not contributing more financially to the relationship. As you farang you feel she MUST pay her way- she does not. Taking care of you is her job. Like it or not.

This a HUGE sticking point and failure in most relationships between Farang and Thai. Farang feel Tgf must contribute financially she saids she wills but does not really believe it.

My current Tgf wants to be a Police women or teacher, before that it a Restuarant Manager (Got Degree), before that Massage Teacher (Got certificate), before that translator (Got certified). Before that a 5 star cook (Got 5 star certified) and the list goes on.... Thankfully I was not the Farang paying for all this.

With me I simply say- do somethng if you really WANT too, yet it not a requirement from me. As long as I get my breaky, lunch, dinner and she translates for me occasionally I am no longer fussed.

I think many of us reach that point- some can do- some cannot- some will not.

She will always say she waants what you want- her to be a teacher. In truth she probably could care less as long as she gets what she wants to make her and her family happy.

Please men of Cmai whom tried with many Tgf's- correct me if I am wrong. Everyone saids their girl is different- yer right.

Not many are the ambitious sort, otherwise she would already have a career long before 26yo. Her career was to find her man- she has, now she will want probably a couple of kids, family, ceremony, the works--- far far more than to be a career teacher. Give her a break is my opinion or find a mor ambitious girl. Or slam down 100,000 bt for a year at teaching school and see what happens... It all your choice....

Chok Dee

Seeing as she is Thai, and looking to go to a Thai University, would it not actually be better that she herself asks around in Thai, on cm Thai forums, and Thai cm community forums, about which Thai University is recommended in this area.....?

I also wonder if you gentlemen could consider talking about your partners education in a less patronising manner. Not everyone views their partners studies along the lines of 'sending them off somewhere for an education', or 'keeping the missus busy'.

..and Jayinoz, frankly i find your opinion of Thai women to be very low and your comment irrelevant to the OP's question. Then again, so is mine..but then again, i think it the attitude expressed towards Thai women here needed to be addressed.

Apologies for being off-topic and hope the OP's gf finds a good school that she is happy in.