Had My 1St Look Around

Spankybob

Greetings again all...Had my 1st look around this evening, I made it to the night bazaar (thanks again for the info)...I ate at McDonald's and had a Starbucks coffee while walking around...Ok, can anyone tell me where I might get good deals on 925 fine sterling silver jewelry? I saw a few shops on my walk to the night bazaar but they where closed...Thanks in advance again Richard

Greetings,

I have a few friends back home who are interested in it, they work at a swap meet.

Check out Walleye road, aka silver street. It juts off the east side of the moat. The whole street is silver shops. I use one near a stature of a cow or a bull? Its a clean aircon shop with a very large stock of everything. Same side of the street as the stature. The name escapes me, sorry.

Wualai Road , running south-westward at a tangent from Chiang Mai Gate is, indeed, "Silver Street" and may carry some of the types of moulded S/S jewellery that goes down well at swap meets and markets. If you are unsuccessful there and you have the time, a few days in Bangkok will uncover genuine wholesalers with massive stockholdings of that type of jewellery. This is where most overseas buyers source their s/s jewellery.

Cheers

Greetings,

I have a few friends back home who are interested in it, they work at a swap meet.

Check out Walleye road, aka silver street. It juts off the east side of the moat. The whole street is silver shops. I use one near a stature of a cow or a bull? Its a clean aircon shop with a very large stock of everything. Same side of the street as the stature. The name escapes me, sorry.

Thanks Vibe, I will check it out in the morning, I will look for a cow or bull statue,

Greetings again all...Had my 1st look around this evening, I made it to the night bazaar (thanks again for the info)...I ate at McDonald's and had a Starbucks coffee while walking around...

Well Spanky, it's great to see you're getting into the Thai culture.

Edited by Blinky Bill
  • Like 1

Greetings again all...Had my 1st look around this evening, I made it to the night bazaar (thanks again for the info)...I ate at McDonald's and had a Starbucks coffee while walking around...

Well Spanky, it's great to see you're getting into the Thai culture.

Yes, the first thing I thought was WOW you really are emercing yourself in the Thai Culture- Maccas, Coffee... tourist markets- Lol.

Anyway the road Opp. Chiang mai Gate on outer side of the Mout should have all the Silver shops to compare prices. Far better than being ripped off in the night market.

Have a good holiday.

Silver jewelry, you can buy much better, and much cheaper in Bangkok, many wholesale shops you can find in Pratunam Center, New Road and arround Kao Sarn Road,

succes

This is what I still don't understand, how come that Thai Hill Tribe silver (fm north Thailand) is cheaper in BKK than in North Thailand (CM) itself? It is made here!

I checked wholesale prices, and I was very surprised when the prices were higher here in CM.

The same with 925.

As 925 concerned, when you don't know the seller well enough, just be careful with "cheap". Shops offering wholesale price are generally ok, but be aware of when buying cheap single items (retail) (nightmarkets). Could be plated. Stalls at e.g. Saturday (wualai road) & Sunday night market (in the moat) having a shop elsewhere and doing business in a serious way, well...these I trust.

You pay generally more for Western designs at e.g. Wualai.

So far I haven't bought silver in CM, but think about buying wholesale in CM, because retailprices are ridiculiously high, much higher than in BKK.

(wholesaleprice when buying around 10k)