Maddog Bar And Restaurant

Blinky Bill

I rarely go out to eat breakfast. OK, I never go out to eat breakfast. I mean, how hard is it to toast bread and turn on a kettle?:whistling:

It's not that it's hard, it's that it takes too little time. So many of us have a whole day to get through, day after day, and if you spend all of 10 minutes to put some jam on toast then that leaves about 15 hours and 50 minutes to get through before you get to go to bed.

However if you go to Mad Dog (or some other places, like Half Moon perhaps) you get to stretch 'breakfast' for an hour or two. If lucky until beer o'clock. ;)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rarely go out to eat breakfast. OK, I never go out to eat breakfast. I mean, how hard is it to toast bread and turn on a kettle?:whistling:

It's not that it's hard, it's that it takes too little time. So many of us have a whole day to get through, day after day, and if you spend all of 10 minutes to put some jam on toast then that leaves about 15 hours and 50 minutes to get through before you get to go to bed.

However if you go to Mad Dog (or some other places, like Half Moon perhaps) you get to stretch 'breakfast' for an hour or two. If lucky until beer o'clock. ;)

Why stretch it? Have a beer with breakfast. Beer! The Breakfast of Champions.

Why stretch it? Have a beer with breakfast. Beer! The Breakfast of Champions.

Support your local water-supplier, reduce demand during the current drought, by drinking-beer & sharing a bath with a friend, preferably at the same time ! :wub::whistling:

Monday thru Friday, three large Tiger for 129 THB. At the Dayli. Sundays were three Leo for 129, and three large Heineken for 219 THB. I've been real happy with Tiger. They open at 5 pm. I'm not sure about the sliced hot dogs, but if you're not careful you will get instant noodles. Some of their dishes are excellent.

Monday thru Friday, three large Tiger for 129 THB. At the Dayli. Sundays were three Leo for 129, and three large Heineken for 219 THB. I've been real happy with Tiger. They open at 5 pm. I'm not sure about the sliced hot dogs, but if you're not careful you will get instant noodles. Some of their dishes are excellent.

Three large Tiger for 129 Baht is a bargain, considering pubs sell one large Tiger for about 110 Baht (or more).

Where exactly is the Dayli? :jap:

Srithana, Soi 11. Going up Huay Kaew, passed Central, make a left at the first light passed the Shell Station. Go about 300 m, turn right. They had 25 cases of Leo stacked up for just last night.

Thanks. If one is prepared to look around and not be restricted to sitting in some stuffy pub staring at the bottles on the shelf, there really are some great drinking bargains in Chiang Mai.

Downtown, I think for the location John's Place is still quite good, 45 Baht for a small Leo minus 20% Baht with the VIP card.

Three for around a hundred baht is good value, but obviously not as good as the Dayli.

Some pubs are now almost on a par with UK prices!

But you'd never get the Mad Dog breakfast for that price in the UK.

Three large Tiger for 129 Baht is a bargain, considering pubs sell one large Tiger for about 110 Baht (or more).

Now I know this is Thailand and Thai owners do with allot less profit but 3 large Tigers at 129 baht comes out to 43 baht each or 516 baht per case. I have never seen Tiger at that price since it was introduced on the market.

Now I know this is Thailand and Thai owners do with allot less profit but 3 large Tigers at 129 baht comes out to 43 baht each or 516 baht per case. I have never seen Tiger at that price since it was introduced on the market.

Nor have I, that's why I said to Thighlander "it's a bargain"......and stated the price pubs sell it for.

Had the Chicken Parmagiana at Maddog the other night, bloody delicious especially when washed down with a few glasses of the moderately priced South African Red that's available around Thailand these days. The only thing that would have made it better would have been a bottle of Penfolds Bin 389! Now, that's a red to talk about.

I did verify that Tigers are 620 for a case of large bottles. That's 51.67 per bottle. This was at a major seller near CNX Gate. So 43 each is an incredibly good deal. There is another place in the same vicinity near Grace Dental that sells three large for 159; they don't open until 6.

I did verify that Tigers are 620 for a case of large bottles. That's 51.67 per bottle. This was at a major seller near CNX Gate. So 43 each is an incredibly good deal. There is another place in the same vicinity near Grace Dental that sells three large for 159; they don't open until 6.

Monday thru Friday, three large Tiger for 129 THB

So your saying he is selling at a loss? 129/3=43x12=516 per case.:whistling:

Monday thru Friday, three large Tiger for 129 THB

So your saying he is selling at a loss? 129/3=43x12=516 per case.:whistling:

Charging for ice?

Mad dog seems to be tweaking several of the dishes they offer and what I have tried and comments I have heard, have been positive.

You're not on your own there, Slappers. Last week I spoke with an American couple who were on a 3 month SE Asian adventure (their words), they said it was the best western food they'd eaten since they left California 7 weeks ago.

Mad dog seems to be tweaking several of the dishes they offer and what I have tried and comments I have heard, have been positive.

You're not on your own there, Slappers. Last week I spoke with an American couple who were on a 3 month SE Asian adventure (their words), they said it was the best western food they'd eaten since they left California 7 weeks ago.

Obviously they have not tried Butter is Better ( sausage grave and biscuits) and Pun Pun (chicken fried steak):D Mad Dog is still excellent and has some of the best grub in town.:D