Need Passport Pages

jst

Hello, im an american and i need more pages in my passport. 2 questions:

1) is it true that additional pages are now $82 u.s. dollars? 2 yrs ago they were FREE!

2) sometime maybe last year, the American Embassy was in Pattaya for the day providing services for citizens (like adding pages), do you know if and when it will happen again? i need more before October! i think maybe the expats club sponsored it, but i am not sure

Thanks for the info..

Yes, additional pages are no longer free. All service fees were raised a couple months ago and the last fee-free service (additional passport pages) is now as you state. (I filled mine up with 2 extra sets of pages on the day before the free expiry :)).

I don't believe they add pages during the consular visits (but I could be wrong). In any case, they were just here a month or so ago so they won't be back for a few more months. Call American Citizen Services (Google it) at the embassy to inquire as to their next visitation (they come 3 or so times per year on a regular schedule).

Edited by FarangBuddha

The following copied from the US Embassy BKK web site:

I also checked the US Embassy in Riyadh and in London. The cost in both is shown to be the same exorbitant fee of $82 being charged locally. It would seem to be a worldwide fixed fee.

EXTRA VISA PAGES

Please see below for general procedures to obtain extra visa pages.

Note: U.S. passport holders 16 and older must personally sign the application form, but do not need to come to the Embassy personally to request new pages. Rather they can send a person to do this for them; the person coming to the embassy must bring a completed, signed DS-4085 and a signed statement specifically allowing the designated person to do this on the passport holder's behalf. The designated person will need to bring valid photo identification.

For children under 16, one parent needs to come and sign the application form, DS-4085, at the Consular Section of the Embassy with his/her passport. On that form, the parent should indicate his/her relationship next to the signature on the form. Though not required, the consul may ask to see an original or certified copy of the child’s birth certificate showing both parents names. The child does not have to appear at the Embassy

PROCEDURE TO OBTAIN EXTRA VISA PAGES

1. Complete an application form, DS-4085. Complete and print your online application here.

2. Make an appointment (click here).

3. Submit the application to the American Citizen Services section between 7:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. or 1 p.m. to 2 p.m., Monday through Friday.

4. Pay the required fee. The fee for additional visa pages is $82.

5. Allow one hour for this service. We can do this while you wait.

MORE INFORMATION

For more information you may refer to the U.S. Department of State website on passport applications. Please remember that some procedures for passport applications abroad may vary according to the country in which the passport application is made.

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/extra_visa_pages.html

$82 bucks for more passport pages...!?!? Where are my tax dollars going? Uhhh... never mind.

After paying a trillion dollars or two on the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, there's not even enough left in the kitty to glue in a few extra pages in our passports for free anymore.

Darn glad I left the USA over a decade ago and stiffed the IRS on my way out the door :ph34r::lol:

Edited by FarangBuddha

When you renew your passport the next time, ask for the 52 page passport. Lots more pages in it than having to pay the $82 for the extra pages.

By the way, they don't glue the pages in but use a sewing machine to sew the extra pages in.

Their prices are based on a worldwide survey over two years although I can't understand why it was not done by country. This is one we cannot blame the present administration for doing to help the economy.

Yes the ACS folks came here (Pattaya) last Thursday for their visit. There were plenty of announcements via the usual channels such as the Pattaya City Expats Club and via emails from the ACS to anyone that is registered with the Embassy.

They did the usual notary services for Pension letters and other affidavits. Answered many questions for people and took passport applications for renewals and also took passports for adding pages. As announced they cannot add pages on site so the person requesting the pages must make arrangements to go to BKK to retrieve the passport.

This service is of very limited use to most people but a valuable service none the less. Saves me a trip to BKK. The ACS folks are nothing more than low level Embassy workers that have a job to do just like all government workers and they have a very small budget to work from. These Outreach visits have to fit into the budget they have.

Yeah I complain too about our rich country wasting money on many things and then we end up paying more for services like letters and pages. It is what it is and we all have to live with it.

The ACS folks have been coming here to Pattaya now for at least 3 years about once every 3 or 4 months depending on the political climate and the money they have to spend. They also go to Chiang Mai and Phuket. I suggest registering with the Embassy and sign up to get announcements so you know when the next visit will be scheduled. But I can understand the resistance of some to not let anyone know there where abouts. In that case you can keep an eye here on TV as usually someone posts the copy of the announcement.

$82 bucks for more passport pages...!?!? Where are my tax dollars going? Uhhh... never mind.

After paying a trillion dollars or two on the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, there's not even enough left in the kitty to glue in a few extra pages in our passports for free anymore.

Darn glad I left the USA over a decade ago and stiffed the IRS on my way out the door :ph34r::lol:

be carefull----------if its worth it and you own prop here they can get you ------------oh yes reciprocol deals re. court orders

I'm really worried NOT!

They would have to link me to the Thai corp. that ownes the house whivh is next to impossible and then it would not be worth the time and effort, let alone the expense. Never fear IT'S cubicle hamsters 55555

In any case, IRS levys and liens expire after 10 years unless you do something stupid to toll them like contact them.

Left the Cal. FTB flat as well...that felt darn good as well.

If this "Outreach" group is on a tight budget I wonder why they visit Chiang Mai, since their already is a consulate there to provide these services.

Maybe I'm wrong about the Outreach to CM and it was Khon Kaen.

But to the OP they were just in Pattaya last week so I would say the next visit would be after the first of the year.

And yes the added pages cost is $82 USD and if you go to BKK I believe they do it on the spot while you wait.

Someone suggested if a person is close to needing a renewal it would be more cost effective to get the new passport with the max number of pages built in as this is cheaper in the long run. Here's the ACS link

Passport Pages

Reason to edit is add the link to the announced visit to Udorn/Khon Khaen

Outreach

Edited by longball53098