Road Flooded To Mae Sai?

I have to make a visa in Mae Sai coming from Chiang Mai.

I have heard from my Thai friends that the road is flooded due to the recent rains.

I have searched the internet for info, with no luck.

Does anybody have more information about this?

much appreciated,,,

zax

nothing on chiang mai forum.

I just heard this an hour ago., and the news is only in thai.

anyone with thai girlfriend can translate??

The houses and market near the river were flooded to-day. In the afternoon the water went down again with about one meter because of the rain stopped. Now, around 2100h, it's raining again heavily and without interruption. So the river will be flooding again the lowest parts. The road near the border wasn't flooded and the water-level of the river was still below the bridge. Later this evening I can upload a link with a photo.

Edited by mistitikimikis

nothing on chiang mai forum.

I just heard this an hour ago., and the news is only in thai.

anyone with thai girlfriend can translate??

The houses and market near the river were flooded to-day. In the afternoon the water went down again with about one meter because of the rain stopped. Now, around 2100h, it's raining again heavily and without interruption. So the river will be flooding again the lowest parts. The road near the border wasn't flooded and the water-level of the river was still below the bridge. Later this evening I can upload a link with a photo.

Here are some impressions: http://www.antoni-uni-photography.com/Thailand-Asia-Antoniuni/Various-touristic-destinations/Mae-Sai/13780720_RSu9A#1008886883_rJ9LU

Mae Sai Road at Ben Ha yesterday.

I took a series of pics of the bridge in exactly the same spot as mistitikimikis, wonder if the lady with the shop lent him her umbrella as well. :lol: (Posted in Chiang Rai forum).

IMG_1338.JPG

To me they don't lend but try to sell I'm afraid, but I took the advantage of a dry hour. Everything clear now, river a lot down however it was raining cats and dogs until early morning. Yesterday the water-level alarm (the end of the soi left facing the border-post) triggered.