AA Chiang Rai

erg

Yes this is thrue Monday 19.00 hours at the first ...............church. at the corner of the crossroads near fat bike shop.

I forgot the street name.

But the guy at bo,s place Erwin can tell you all about it.

Poor Khun Bird, poor Khun Chompoo, it must have taken them days to find an appropriate name for their bicycle shop. Finally they decided that it was going to be called 'Fat Free'. And what does Mr. Erg do? He calls it the 'Fat bike' shop.

OK, as long as he is not telling that they are selling 'cheap bears' we can have mercy on him.

Anyhow, if I understand his message right, every week on Mondays the

A(lcoholics) A(nonymous) meeting takes place at 19.00 hours on the premises of the First Church, the annexe to the left. It is the church opposite to the Tsutaya (vcd, dvd and what ever more) rental shop in the middle of town.

Both Khun Bird and Khun Chompoo speak fluently English. If you think about bicycling you might rent a bicycle there for a day and try it out.

The charm the town itself lacks, is easily found in its immediate surroundings :o

Limbo.

• 6 months later...

What a co-incidence! Two famous expatplaces in Chiang Rai (I would sooner bite my tongue of than to mention them) are closed on Mondays. And where can we find the parish?

Yes indeed, brotherly united they go to church.

Jokes aside: I wish the AA-team (in the mood for some bowling?) strenght and good luck.

And my respect for the man who started up the AA of Chiang Rai :o !

Limbo :D

• 1 month later...

Well ya know, I might just check that out. I'll ask at that fat bike shop -or is that fat- free? :o

I imagine it's an open meeting, 'mai pen rai' and all.

Will the ladies still talk to ya if you're a friend of Bill W's though?

:D

• 1 month later...

Hi, I just came across this thread of messages and am so happy to read random AA stuff online. I am young and sober and will be coming to Thailand in the end of May. I'll be in the Mae Sot region until Mid August. Does anyone know of any AA meetings near there or any contact people in that area?

I would love to meet up with other sober alcoholics while in Thailand.

Thanks for any help,

Magnolia

(oh yeah, email me at [email protected] because I am not sure if i will remember how to access this forum without getting prompt to do so via my email)

Hi, I just came across this thread of messages and am so happy to read random AA stuff online. I am young and sober and will be coming to Thailand in the end of May. I'll be in the Mae Sot region until Mid August. Does anyone know of any AA meetings near there or any contact people in that area?

I would love to meet up with other sober alcoholics while in Thailand.

Thanks for any help,

Magnolia

(oh yeah, email me at [email protected] because I am not sure if i will remember how to access this forum without getting prompt to do so via my email)

Hi MM-

I went to Bangkok group and it was cool. Just like anywhere else. It was in the Holy Redeemer rectory. Off Thanon Ruam Rudee -Soi 2 if I recall.

I don't know about your area but neeranom may be able to help.

I was young in AA too, about 21 years ago. This thing works.

We got today.