Halo Game Running On Pc

MZurf

run it in XP compatibility mode ??

Windows XP mode is essentially a Virtual PC. Doesn't support graphics and audio very well and consumes a lot of resources.

It would be slow and video and sound would be crap. Especially for games.

Windows XP mode is only available on the high end Windows 7 packages (Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise). You could create a Windows XP Virtual Machine on Windows Home Premium using a setup CD for Windows XP Professional, but it still will suffer in the video, audio, and performance areas.

Much of the software that runs on Windows XP Professional service pack 3 will run under windows 7. You might try installing the games and see if it works.

If it doesn't, try running the executables using Windows XP sp 3 compatibility. It essentially allows the executable to run with administrator properties. It's an option the advanced properties dialog box for the executable in Windows Explorer. It probably wouldn't be needed as some games usually don't need administrator privileges to run. Except for games that bypass the Windows API to gain performance. In which case, it may not work on Windows 7 at all. In which case you're out of luck. It's doubtful that game manufacturers will upgrade games to work on Windows 7.

Just look for new games that are Windows 7 or Windows Vista compatible. It's a matter of time. It's been less than 18 months since Windows 7 has been available. Windows Vista was so poor at performance that not a lot of games were written for it.

Edited by BB1950

I have Win 7 Ultimate x64. I run x32 bit games that are 3 years old with no probs. Win 7 x64 does allow x32 bit stuff to run as well, with no tuning from me. Just try it. Some stuff wont run I am told, but all the many x32 bit graphics/games from my old OS are running OK.