Thai Islands

counrikke

Hi all. I am looking at going to thailand soon, but there is a place that I keep seeing but can not find a name! It's basically, an island with like, wooden structures all around it (kinda small) and tonnes of fishing boats and such. I'd love to experience that. I just don't know where to find such an island. So basic, I know, but I guess the guys over there may have some idea? Cheers :)

I'm sorry, I just have been having trouble finding information on such. Do they allow foreigners on such islands?

No limits that I know of to any islands except maybe the difficulty in actually getting to it.. But usually there is some local with a long tail boat willing to accommodate for the right price.. This place is all about the 'right price'..

Koh Panyee

Koh Panyee is the muslim Fisherman Village on the way from Phang Nga to James Bond Island. The boats normally stop for lunch and shopping. Plenty of cheap pearls and seafood to be found there.

Yes, this is what my wife did. We booked the tour to James Bond Island, and they stopped off at this place for lunch.

Some island.

Dave.

wooden shacks with boats. Could be any non touristy beach in Thaialnd, but since its one he's clearly heard about on the backpacker trail, I would suspect its Koh Lipe

http://www.offtherai...om/chaoleh.html

I would suspect - you had not seen Lippe:I have seen - no wooden shacks!OP remembers pictures of fishing village in PhangNa,send me your email,I will post you - postcard!with name on it.

If you want to visit it - take JamesBond tour from Patong in Phuket,any travel office will sell it.

OP can go to Koh Lippe as well and some more islands on Andaman Sea,he is tourist?so,why not?Have a nice time and sanook-muck!muck!

Been in Thailand 12 years and recently came across Koh Kood, never even heard of it before, but it is Thailand's 4th largest island yet only have around 2000 population. Stayed at the Away resort in one of their island tents. Man you have got to try this place.

http://www.awayresorts.com/resortkohkood/

There is a new place being built next door also by the same people so i hear, but not sure when it is to be finished.

http://x2residences.com/X2_Residences_kohkood_English/index.html

I have also been to X2 Kui Buri and that was also superb, isolated, natural surrounded by a fishing village. Really odd to see this resort stuck there, an a boutique 4 - 5 star resort at that.