Thanks, Hull!

:lol:

Sssh, please keep the secret quiet. :lol:

I'm an American. I'm working in Greece, and intend to retire next month. From what Hull says I can simply drop by with the filled out forms and a letter and get the "visting friends" visa as you desribed it. Show up in the morning with all the forms and the fee and walk out in a short time with the visa (that's what they promise). Most Thai consulates in the U.S. are not even close to that friendly to the applicant. Since I'm on my way back to the U.S. anyhow, I'll just plan a short stopover in the U.K., make a quick trip to Hull, and pick up the visa. Then a trip to the U.S. for some financial stuff and to file for my social security (old age pension) and off to Thailand. I've been planning and working it all out, and it seems quite possible.

So will be leaving in the middle of October to see if it works as easily as I hope it will.

But please, keep Hull and it's reputation for good service and friendly people working there a secret...before too many others hear about it.

:huh:

Edited by IMA_FARANG

I'm an American. I'm working in Greece, and intend to retire next month. From what Hull says I can simply drop by with the filled out forms and a letter and get the "visting friends" visa as you desribed it. Show up in the morning with all the forms and the fee and walk out in a short time with the visa (that's what they promise). Most Thai consulates in the U.S. are not even close to that friendly to the applicant. Since I'm on my way back to the U.S. anyhow, I'll just plan a short stopover in the U.K., make a quick trip to Hull, and pick up the visa. Then a trip to the U.S. for some financial stuff and to file for my social security (old age pension) and off to Thailand. I've been planning and working it all out, and it seems quite possible.

So will be leaving in the middle of October to see if it works as easily as I hope it will.

But please, keep Hull and it's reputation for good service and friendly people working there a secret...before too many others hear about it.

Fair point. Yeah, Hull. Real shower of ba4tards, that lot.

By the way, you need not apply in person. You can simply post your application providing, of course, you are not in Thailand. Best of luck to you!

They encourage appointments but I'm sure you can drop in (but I think they would still charge the £10 so why not make an appointment?). Never seems very busy these days (June this year and May last year) so you can usually get an appointment with a couple of days notice. Long may they reign.

Just go on line and apply for your social security prior to arriving in the states. I never had to go to a office did everything on line and telephone great service except for a bit of phone tag but no problems.