No Good Bumpy Road Trip

trompelemonde82

I've got a new friend in Udon Thani and was wondering if anyone knows if there's a train from Phitsanulok to Udon? I just did it by bus, 7 and a half hour snails pace trip over bumpy mountain roads. The bus wasn't VIP either - which didn't help- and it was a night bus as well so couldn't see SFA of the scenery, but a train ride has to be faster and smoother than that, anyway . . . can anyone help me out?

Unfortunately you're in between lines - P.Lok is on the Northern Line and Udon is on the North-eastern. You'd have to go down south to somewhere like Ayuthaya first and then change for Udon. Btw, if a train did do that route you can be assured it wouldn't be smoother, and certainly not faster. :D Would have thought there'd be a First Class or VIP bus between the two places. Have a check at the bus station.

VIP bus service is ok. Comfortable and only costs a little more.

I once took a non Aircon bus from Non Kai to Bangkok during the day. Only cost 120 baht, I thought it would be good fun.

Never again! Scared the life out of me. Go VIP if possible.

VIP bus service is ok. Comfortable and only costs a little more.

I once took a non Aircon bus from Non Kai to Bangkok during the day. Only cost 120 baht, I thought it would be good fun.

Never again! Scared the life out of me. Go VIP if possible.

:lol:

Sorry, not very nice, but I'm sort of heartened to see that someone else had a similar experience to me. The worst part was being next to a guy with B.O. that wanted to use my shoulder as a pillow. Live and learn. Why couldn't you have told me this before I took the trip. :blink: