Coloured Concrete Stain/Patterns

joedee

I have been searching for acid concrete stain and pattern stamps

or a company/ person that can do this.

Does anybody know about these materials.

There is lots of info on the net but its all overseas companies.

I would prefer to have local contact/knowledge.

Can anybody help.????

Thanks.........................

Posting only to follow up..

I am a big fan of modern concrete options.. Polished concrete and the kind of kitchen / sink / counter tops that can now be done by western companies.

So if anyone hears of a Thai company that does that kind of high end work.. I am all ears also.

Posting only to follow up..

I am a big fan of modern concrete options.. Polished concrete and the kind of kitchen / sink / counter tops that can now be done by western companies.

So if anyone hears of a Thai company that does that kind of high end work.. I am all ears also.

If you want coloured concrete drive to Homeworks or HomePro. There you can buy powdered IronOxyde in different colours. Blue, Red, brown, yellow, black. This IronOxide you must mix in the concrete, but only for the last ontop 1-2cm. Take care that your workers don't scatter the iron oxide on the surface. It must mixed with the concrete.

Thanks for your advice Snowgard. I will go and check it out. Joe

If you want coloured concrete drive to Homeworks or HomePro. There you can buy powdered IronOxyde in different colours. Blue, Red, brown, yellow, black. This IronOxide you must mix in the concrete, but only for the last ontop 1-2cm. Take care that your workers don't scatter the iron oxide on the surface. It must mixed with the concrete.

• 1 month later...

. . . I am also looking to stain an existing interior concrete slab . . . in Bangkok.

. . . found a guy in Phuket . . . Larry Amsden . . . http://phuketstone.com . . . sells acid stain, imported from the US . . . also does applications, but not in BKK.

. . . if any of you are in Bangkok and wish to collaborate on this, I am interested.

Edited by swillowbee

Thanks for your advice Snowgard. I will go and check it out. Joe

HomePro, the one next to Carrefour.

Look in the paint section in the row where you will find the rollers and brushes.

. . . concrete acid stain is dear in Thailand . . . other than the Phuket Stone source I cited earlier in this thread, I found a KL source for USA-made Kemiko acid stain.

. . . based on my 88 m2 area, they estimated I need 3 gallons . . . cost is MYR 250/gallon . . . shipping by surface freight is MYR 46/3 gallons, and by air freight is MYR 160/3 gallons . . . no mention of import dutes, if any.

. . . the source is Sin Hom Sdn. Bhd. Co. . . . contact Cheah Wan Choung . . . [email protected] . . . http://www.shm.com.my.

Edited by swillowbee

• 1 year later...

. . . concrete acid stain is dear in Thailand . . . other than the Phuket Stone source I cited earlier in this thread, I found a KL source for USA-made Kemiko acid stain.

. . . based on my 88 m2 area, they estimated I need 3 gallons . . . cost is MYR 250/gallon . . . shipping by surface freight is MYR 46/3 gallons, and by air freight is MYR 160/3 gallons . . . no mention of import dutes, if any.

. . . the source is Sin Hom Sdn. Bhd. Co. . . . contact Cheah Wan Choung . . . [email protected] . . . http://www.shm.com.my.

thanks for the great info

unfortunately, phuket stone doesn't stock acid stain anymore. i'm going to try mix some of the colored iron oxcide with dilute hydrochloric acid and see if that works

also, this site is interesting

http://www.stainedfloor.com/

Edited by stevehaigh

^someone in Pattaya does it 'cos a mate of mine had it done at his house on the external pavings and it looks great.

I won't be seeing him for a couple of weeks though so I'll ask and let you know.

thanks, i'd really like to hear about what you find. pls upload pics of your mates paving job too if you don't mind.

i was checking out that link i sent about making your own concrete stains and found some of the ingredients here

http://www.acc1976.com/ourproduct.html

Edited by stevehaigh