Dead Battery Honda Jazz

Thaihog

My wife's battery in her Honda Jazz is completely dead. This has been the second time this week that the car won't start. Just as well I have jumper cables.

The car is only 18 months old, does anybody know if the Honda 3 year warranty covers the battery?

The wife has been quoted 1,900 baht from Honda for a replacement, seems a bit OTT.

Cheers :jap:

Edited by Thaihog

Car batteries do not last long over here, about 1.5 years and then they die. the warrantee does not cover them at all. they do not cost much. less than 2k for original Honda ones.

call Honda and the will come on a motor bike to your house or where you car is and replace.

I have owned 3 Hondas over here and all needed new batteries within that time frame.

Seems 2 years is about it in LOS. The Boliden dry cell is recommended for longevity. :)

2 years does seem to be about it

Is the battery fitted a "sealed" unit? or "top-up" type?

I found that the "top-up" type looses water MUCH faster than in a northern climate.

then in the wet with added use of wipers lights and other electrics all of a sudden you have a dead battery.

Nearly all vehicle warranties exclude battery/tyre/windscreen replacement.

1,900Bht is about the price,I paid more for a Harley battery which is a lot smaller!

Unfortunately batteries are manufactured here under licence and 2 years is about the most you will get.

Maybe something to do with the current price of lead which has gone though the roof,so less in the battery and sold for the same price

You get what you pay for..

On my Honda Jazz had 3 new batteries all lasted 14 - 15 months.. just under 1,000 baht fitted by Honda..

Battery went last year on my Audi A6, the old battery was just over 9 years old... New battery at local shop 1,400 baht for the normal Thai battery, or a much better one, warranted for 3 year 2,900 baht. Yes I had this one

You get what you pay for..

On my Honda Jazz had 3 new batteries all lasted 14 - 15 months.. just under 1,000 baht fitted by Honda..

Battery went last year on my Audi A6, the old battery was just over 9 years old... New battery at local shop 1,400 baht for the normal Thai battery, or a much better one, warranted for 3 year 2,900 baht. Yes I had this one

Boliden, approx 2k baht in a Jazz, 3 years lifetime to be expected.. Jazz as most Hondas come with very small batteries in LOS, so I would upgrade to a larger size, as large as its room for, ad another 500 baht.

Yep, 1.5 to 2 years is it. Buy the maintenance free battery type this time, if they have cheaper and more expensive, choose the more expensive one. The one I have now (the most expensive one they had, same size as the original, 2,500 bath something) is 3 years and not a sign of it getting bad yet, clearly worth the extra 500 bath or so.

Bigger batteries always last longer, not necessary but not a bad idea to buy bigger too