International School In Ubon

sezzo

The family and I will be moving back to Ubon in about 18 months after 4 years in Australia. The youngest step child has been going to an australian school for 4 years and although he can still speak thai, cant read or write in thai. Rather than put him into the local government school in Khemarat we would like to put him into a private school in Ubon to get his thai back on track.

I know of the 2 catholic school, Ave Maria and Assumption College but I would prefer him not to be subjected to religious studies. I have been told there is a new international school on or near the ring road in Ubon. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of this school. If there are other good private school in Ubon that someone can reccomend I would also be interested in hearing from them as well.

Thanks in advance,

Carl

there is no true international in, or anywhere near Ubon. the only true international school in the whole of Issan is the one in Khao Yai, forgets the name of it with the international fees to go with.

The school you heard about near the clock circle is NariNakun. It is just down the street. They started what they are calling an international program. Last I heard it only had a dozen students enrolled.

You said your kid is 4 years old and can't read or write Thai....

There aren't many Thai kids that can at that age either, So wouldn't worry too much ..

Han skriver at 4 års skolegang i Australien - ikke at alderen er 4 år.

Edited by kalasin

You said your kid is 4 years old and can't read or write Thai....

There aren't many Thai kids that can at that age either, So wouldn't worry too much ..

Well actually the boy will be 10 years old by the time we get back to Ubon. At that point he would have been in Australian primary school for four years. He did attend "kindergarten" in rural Ubon prior to him moving to Aus and should have started primary school just as we left Thailand. He actually did know the thai alphabet when he left but has now lost that and is like any other Aus primary school student.

Im hoping for him to go to a private school so he can learn the thai script as well as maintaining his english skills. Make for a better possibility for a better future when he gets older. Going by what I have seen so far posted we may have to look closer at Assumption.

Thanks again for input. It has been appreciated.