Thais To Hkg No Visa?

engrin

So my wife and I are heading to Hong Kong. I just want to confirm that Thais dont need a visa to visit HKG. We have a return ticket booked. Do we need to show money? We are a little nervous as we don't share the same last name. Thanks for any pointers for those who have been to HKG with their Thai spouse :)

I'm going to Hongkong as well with my thai girlfriend at the end of this month. I've travelled to a fair bit of countries and never encountered any problems at the immigration. But my girlfriend is Thai and she just got her passport, it's new and empty. I've heard HK immigration can be kind of wairy towards thai ladies with blank passports. Are there any extra precautions we can take to ensure her pass through immigration without problems? I've already printed the return ticket and hotel booking confirmation.

Just like the topicstarter i'm a bit nervous they will start asking her some stupid questions or want her to show money. I told her already just put on some nice clothes, look good and smile.

My girlfriends first trip overseas was to Hong Kong, so she had a blank passport, absolutly no problem. She didn't have the return tickets on her and she didn't know the name of the hotel, and whilst I didn't join her at the Immigration check though I was next in line. We have been a number of times and she has never been asked any questions.

To avoid unpleasant questions to your wife from the immigration officer, I would suggest you to do the passport check together with her showing the return ticket as well as your address in HK ( hotel or friend's home ).

Cheers

This is exactly what I did the last time i went there with my Thai better half...no problem whatsoever!