Infamous Dutch Property Mogul Arrested Again In Pattaya

webfact

Infamous Dutch Property Mogul Arrested Again in Pattaya

gallery_327_1086_166777.jpg

Dutch property mogul and habitual offender Mr. Robert Henry Johannes (AKA, Mr. Robert Dahan) has again been arrested in Pattaya, this time over allegations he and an associate made numerous death threats against a former business partner.

Pattaya, the 16th of September 2010 [PDN]: At approximately 2:00pm on Thursday, Lieutenant Colonel Khuanphichai Manojarernsap (Suppression Special Unit Officer) and a team of officers raided a house in Soi Kaowtalo with an arrest warrant for the apprehension of Mr. Robert Henry Johannes, a Dutch national and local property mogul.

The warrant for Mr. Johannes arrest was issued after Mr. Chaiwat Lomakul, a former business partner, notified police of several threats against his life made by Mr. Johannes and his associate Mr. Winny Stregranus. Both of the accused were successfully arrested in Thursday’s raid.

Full story HERE

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS

-- 2010-09-16

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Older news with same guy:

Tourist police, armed with a criminal court warrant, arrested a Dutch national, Mr. Robert Dahan, son of the world’s eleventh richest man. He and his lady lawyer are accused of forging divorce documents from his Thai wife in order to defraud her out of millions of baht. The billionaire’s son refused to admit culpability. However, police brought him to the criminal office to process the case. According to the police, Mr. Dahan was attracted to a katoey (lady of the second category) and hired a lawyer to forge divorce documents from his Thai wife in order to get his share of their property. Another Thai man who was involved in forging the documents escaped.
Police declared that Mr. Dahan, the son of the world’s eleventh richest man, was attracted to a katoey and therefore, wanted a divorce from his current wife, Mrs. Nongluck Jeruwnauk (31). The couple had two children. Mr. Dahan wanted all the marital property, including the house, which was worth 130 million baht. He hired Mrs. Prom, a lawyer, and Mr. Preeda to fake divorce documents. Eventually, Mr. Dahan managed to acquire sixty million baht from his alleged wrong doing.

http://www.oldpdn.com/shownews.php?IDNEWS=0000004546

This kind of reporting is childish. Of course the Dutch property developer is accused. This would have happened by anyone in Pattaya who was making money and became to influential. This is Thailand a country where the rich can invest anywhere in the world and can own as much property as they want but as soon as a foreigner comes in he is not even allowed to buy a house. He could steal the land and bring Pattaya to the Netherlands or the USA. Any big businessman in Thailand is dirty, it is far more conceivable that it is a set up. After all greed is embedded in the countries education. Instead of asking if everything is fine, they would ask in Thailand how much money you make. Problem for the crooked developer is that he has no Thai passport and thus can not become Prime Minister. That is want normally happens in Thailand.

This kind of reporting is childish. Of course the Dutch property developer is accused. This would have happened by anyone in Pattaya who was making money and became to influential. This is Thailand a country where the rich can invest anywhere in the world and can own as much property as they want but as soon as a foreigner comes in he is not even allowed to buy a house. He could steal the land and bring Pattaya to the Netherlands or the USA. Any big businessman in Thailand is dirty, it is far more conceivable that it is a set up. After all greed is embedded in the countries education. Instead of asking if everything is fine, they would ask in Thailand how much money you make. Problem for the crooked developer is that he has no Thai passport and thus can not become Prime Minister. That is want normally happens in Thailand.

Thanks for posting and information.. I am sure the truth will come out and we all see what really goes on with this accusation.....my take.

Older news with same guy:

Tourist police, armed with a criminal court warrant, arrested a Dutch national, Mr. Robert Dahan, son of the world's eleventh richest man. He and his lady lawyer are accused of forging divorce documents from his Thai wife in order to defraud her out of millions of baht. The billionaire's son refused to admit culpability. However, police brought him to the criminal office to process the case. According to the police, Mr. Dahan was attracted to a katoey (lady of the second category) and hired a lawyer to forge divorce documents from his Thai wife in order to get his share of their property. Another Thai man who was involved in forging the documents escaped.
Police declared that Mr. Dahan, the son of the world's eleventh richest man, was attracted to a katoey and therefore, wanted a divorce from his current wife, Mrs. Nongluck Jeruwnauk (31). The couple had two children. Mr. Dahan wanted all the marital property, including the house, which was worth 130 million baht. He hired Mrs. Prom, a lawyer, and Mr. Preeda to fake divorce documents. Eventually, Mr. Dahan managed to acquire sixty million baht from his alleged wrong doing.

http://www.oldpdn.co...NEWS=0000004546

Wow?? thanks for posting I have learned so much from your post...I am sure our members will enjoy reading this Headline...

I feel like reading a Novel not a real life story??? Amazing Thailand....

My opinion...I am standing tall.

What is the life expectancy of a dodgy, dispute laden farang property developer/business tycoon in Thailand these days? Seems these kind guys get knocked off or simply disappear quite often, going all the way back to Jim Thompson. Does anyone else get the feeling this guy might not be around much longer?

Edited by ScubaBuddha

This is the son of the world's eleventh richest man? That is how he is living? Is he really a land baron in Pattaya? Looks pretty much like a slob to me. Was that the wife that he defrauded or some girlfriend? No disrespect to her but if I had his supposed wealth I'd have a harem of babes like Hugh Heffner.

This kind of reporting is childish. Of course the Dutch property developer is accused. This would have happened by anyone in Pattaya who was making money and became to influential. This is Thailand a country where the rich can invest anywhere in the world and can own as much property as they want but as soon as a foreigner comes in he is not even allowed to buy a house. He could steal the land and bring Pattaya to the Netherlands or the USA. Any big businessman in Thailand is dirty, it is far more conceivable that it is a set up. After all greed is embedded in the countries education.

.......you are absolutely right if you are that rich you never bring your money here or buy anything in Thailand - you keep your assets abroad live the good live here, rent a mansion and do whatever you like!

Why on earth would you get married in Thailand?? To make sure to loose half? Reading about the value of the house alone I am honestly surprised that he is still alive!

As soon as there is much money involved a Farang is an easy target here....and the vultures start to circle.

This is the son of the world's eleventh richest man? That is how he is living? Is he really a land baron in Pattaya? Looks pretty much like a slob to me. Was that the wife that he defrauded or some girlfriend? No disrespect to her but if I had his supposed wealth I'd have a harem of babes like Hugh Heffner.

The only two Dutch men in the Forbes list aare ranked 297 and 721 so there is something wrong there . Left his wife for a Katoey! Ha ha. Perhaps he was more of a "taker than a giver":-). That would fit with the allegations at least

The photo looks the Policeman is singing a song to a drunken farang on the steps to a house.

Carol singing maybe.

By the look on the farangs face the Pol man has got the words wrong so he is trying to make sense of whats written down, but the sheet is upside down.

I wonder if gave him a tip.

Btw, the Dutch mans pic is:

354.jpg

The one above is most likely his 'muscle man' / 'partner in crime'.

'or the previously mentioned Katoey, without wig and make up.'

The bald guy dont half look like Matt Lucas...Little Britain.

post-8817-017182300 1284958099_thumb.jpg

Edited by soihok

Btw, the Dutch mans pic is:

354.jpg

The one above is most likely his 'muscle man' / 'partner in crime'.

Well it looks like Robert has aged a decade compared to the pictures in the case from 2 years ago,don't know if it has something to do with the katoey or with losing hundreds of millions in a short time.

Anyone knows which real estate office he runs?It isn't fair properties by any chance??????

Why of course, didn't you know that all the Pattaya "property moguls" live in small moobans on soi Kao Talo! 55555

• 1 month later...

The only two Dutch men in the Forbes list aare ranked 297 and 721 so there is something wrong there .

Correct, however, there are five NL $ Billionaires on Forbes' list but there is nobody who ever heard of Mr. Dahan, being on any rich list; including the 500 richest of The Netherlands.

There isn't even a "Dahan" name on Forbes.

He's a nobody and likely a self-acclaimed "son of the world's eleventh richest man".

If he was, he would be the son of Mr. Kamprad, the private owner of IKEA and he is NOT since Mr. Kamprad has three sons, Peter, Jonas and Matthias and a daughter. I'm sure the sons of Mr.Kamprad are not living in a soi in Pattaya :whistling: doing obscure real estate business.

LaoPo