Most Liberal University In Bangkok

manarak

What do you mean by liberal? Do you mean socially progressive, or do you mean the closest thing to a liberal arts university? Or something else?

Without the article/context we are only left to guess ......

Thammasat University for the most politically active campus. BU for the dresscode. RU for diversity. etc etc

ok... still scratching my head.

Thx for the nominations though

Do you mean socially progressive

yes, I think that is what was meant, although it is difficult to tell from the article.

Reading it, I assumed there was one university that particularly stands out on it reputation of being liberal.

I supposed it was Ramkhamsomething University, but no way to be sure.

• 3 weeks later...

no university is liberal in this country. they all teach you to shut up and follow the flock of sheep. i put up with this on a daily basis.

OH, how true. 2 words Thais refuse to translate are: liberal and maintenance. Thai students refuse to ask questions,because Thai teachers positively refuse to allow questions.The reason? If a student asks a question the teacher cannot answer, the teacher loses "face".I used to explain to my students, I had been trying to lose my face for more years than I care to remember,without success.Oh, how I could go on.

I have a lot of friends who are in the creative arts here, many of whom went to Silpakorn. I am not sure about politicisation, for that I would assume Thammasat. But it terms of arts, many who have gradauted from there are now at the forefront of modern thai design and media. Music, fashion, publishing etc. They definitely seemed to push their students far beyond the the traditional norms of creative arts in Thailand. The graduates I know that come from there all also seem to have one of the most liberal outlooks out of everyone I know here, which I guess goes hand in hand with having a creatively free education where they are encouraged to learn more about the world and creative thinking. Corrado Feroci founded the university and is revered as a demi-god amongst graduates. It is located right next to Thammasat so I am sure both universities have a complementary relationship.