Handyman

Pearlgirl

For the past three months we have been using a very talented and skillful and artistic "handyman" around our house. He can do anything and he does it all extremely well. Not only that, but he understands what farangs want and makes incredible recommendations on how things should be or can be done. He used to be very very busy, but with the way the economy has gone here, he is always looking for work. Right now he'll be tied up with us for at least another month - he's building a sala for us, complete with electrical fittings, etc.. He has built a couple of other things for us and we are extremely happy with what he has done. He charges by the day, but if its a big job, hecan give you a quote and will guarantee that the project will be within 5% either way. If anyone wants his name and telephone # - PM me and I'll gladly give you the number. I can also submit some pictures via email of some of the jobs he has done for us. He also speaks enough English to communicate with us non-Thai speakers. We were very very lucky to have him recommended to us by our friends.

He works in the Chiang Mai area - and no job is too big or too small for him.

Me too Pearl - I need his contact info as well and would love to see pics of his work......kcore

Edit = What is his daily rate?

Hi I sent you Noi's telephone numbers. I'll get pics from my camera and send them to you too. He built a laundry area off the back of the house, a shade area for plants at the front of the house, and now he's building a sala for us. There will be a few other things for him to do as well. His rates are daily or by the job - you can discuss that with him if you decide to use him.

Great post. Late next year I'll be building a house (in the BKK area) and will be looking for a reliable and reputable company.

Post like this are a great way to help us who are planning work, not only that, it helps the good guys keep in work.

Hi

Sorry, but he only works in the Chiang Mai area. That's too bad because he's the type that would love to take on building a house.

Great post. Late next year I'll be building a house (in the BKK area) and will be looking for a reliable and reputable company.

Post like this are a great way to help us who are planning work, not only that, it helps the good guys keep in work.

Hi

Sorry, but he only works in the Chiang Mai area. That's too bad because he's the type that would love to take on building a house.

I have many ex-pat friends in Chiang Mai who ask if l know a good handyman so please send me PM with telephone number. Also does he do small house repairs or mainly large contracts. Many thanks

Funny, I never thought to spread the word here, but I have two great handymen who don't make enough money at their other day jobs. I put up a thing for them in classifieds under 'Handyman' (or was it handymen?) and since then they've gotten a ton of work all with people highly satisfied. They work quick and neat, and build with the level of quality and price you desire. I post for them as they are not computer savvy, and then I just forward the phone numbers or address info onto them. I get nothing out of it. Why would I do it ? 'Cause these are great guys who work with skill and heart, and if I had my own company I'd hire them away to work for me instead, .... but I don't so...

btw.... some of the jobs they've done for me and ppl who contacted me thru the tv ad: building fences, installing wiring, fixing stoves, laying tile, woodwork, building merchandise shelves, constructing custom bookshelves and closets to fit the space, roof repair, plumbing n toilet repair, building garden beds for a plant lover.... pretty much everything and anything as well.

These guys have worked for a very picky Farang and understand our priorities and what we consider important about quality of job and cleanliness, so besides helping good guys feed their families, I also pimp them out because I know they'll do work that's worthy. Feel free to contact me about them as well, or look for the ad under classifieds.

Funny, I never thought to spread the word here, but I have two great handymen who don't make enough money at their other day jobs. I put up a thing for them in classifieds under 'Handyman' (or was it handymen?) and since then they've gotten a ton of work all with people highly satisfied. They work quick and neat, and build with the level of quality and price you desire. I post for them as they are not computer savvy, and then I just forward the phone numbers or address info onto them. I get nothing out of it. Why would I do it ? 'Cause these are great guys who work with skill and heart, and if I had my own company I'd hire them away to work for me instead, .... but I don't so...

btw.... some of the jobs they've done for me and ppl who contacted me thru the tv ad: building fences, installing wiring, fixing stoves, laying tile, woodwork, building merchandise shelves, constructing custom bookshelves and closets to fit the space, roof repair, plumbing n toilet repair, building garden beds for a plant lover.... pretty much everything and anything as well.

These guys have worked for a very picky Farang and understand our priorities and what we consider important about quality of job and cleanliness, so besides helping good guys feed their families, I also pimp them out because I know they'll do work that's worthy. Feel free to contact me about them as well, or look for the ad under classifieds.

That's exactly what this guy is and does and that is exactly why I'm doing this. I can't support his family, but I can help them in other ways such as this.

I'd like to update some info. on our handyman. This morning we awoke to a big pile of water on the bedroom floor under the air con. Our guy showed up for work, as usual, we asked him if he knew anything about aircons. Turns out one of his employees (he has 3) used to work for an air con company and they fixed it, on the spot. Then we had a leak under our kitchen sink, he fixed it in 1/2 hour, no problem. This guy is gold. I ccan't say enough about him, same with our bathroom sink this week (this is the week when everything in the house seems to be falling apart).