Camper Van

Big Gary

I have been thinking about converting an old bus(small one) into a Camper Van. My wife and I do a lot of travelling around Thailand and thought that this would be a good thing. I know there are no Caravan Parks here but a lot of National Parks which can be camped in. Also 24 hour Service Stations can be used. The only problem is that I was told that a Falung cant drive a Vehicle with more than 4 wheels.!!!!!???. Buses have6. Does anyone else know if this is true or not. Who in the Goverment should I talk to also to clarify things?

des it have 3 axles or 2?

I know that farangs ca't get jobs as truck drivers, but I haven't heard of this rule/law you talk of.i'll be interested to see what others have n this - I've toyed with the idea myself as cooach-building is ridiculously cheap and you could design a great camper on a bus chassis. I pass one almost every day and look art it ad think what a great camper it would make

I know that farangs ca't get jobs as truck drivers, but I haven't heard of this rule/law you talk of.i'll be interested to see what others have n this - I've toyed with the idea myself as cooach-building is ridiculously cheap and you could design a great camper on a bus chassis. I pass one almost every day and look art it ad think what a great camper it would make

Only two axles. Maybe I can convert the rear double tyres each side to just single tyres thus 4 wheels/tyres!!

Many years ago back in Aussie I had an old English Double Decker(Leyland 1949) made out as a Camper and had a ball travelling. The only down side was the height and a lot of Parks wouldnt let me enter because of their trees and power lines are to low. Eventually sold it and got a lot more than what it cost to build as the young couple that bought it wanted it no matter so I charged them accordinaly.

6 wheeler no problem for farang, but liscence plate must be small and start with 2 letters (tabien leck), not large and start with 2 numbers. Any vehicle with less than 8 seats and less than 5-6 ton, can usually without problem get black on white plate legal for farang driver

a brand new Hino 6 wheeler is only 900k baht. a million baht on a camper would be :D

Only two axles. Maybe I can convert the rear double tyres each side to just single tyres thus 4 wheels/tyres!!

Many years ago back in Aussie I had an old English Double Decker(Leyland 1949) made out as a Camper and had a ball travelling. The only down side was the height and a lot of Parks wouldnt let me enter because of their trees and power lines are to low. Eventually sold it and got a lot more than what it cost to build as the young couple that bought it wanted it no matter so I charged them accordinaly.

I can't see this being a problem - maybe a three axle truck as a professional.

imagine if it's in your wife's name and you're driving it - how many police are going to pick up on it anyway?I have to emphasize here that I'm just speculating