Outgoing Mail Server

mitebbots

I use TOT ADSL and use totadsl.th.com as SMTP server.

/ode

He doesn't know his ISP, and doesn't seem to care. it's my friend that wants to use his email client. I will have him try this - thanks!

you also might want to read a few of the threads about thailand mail servers getting blacklisted sparodically - maybe change to google mail instead of using the ISP account - PM an email address to george or me or many of the other members and we can send you a gmail invite - a highly recommended email service

• 11 months later...

totadsl.th.com does not work now for some reason. Worked last year. Both my hotel and my friends place use TOT DSL, would like to find an outgoing mail server that works. When using my own domains outgoing server, that worked once, now get some sort of "spamblocked" error.

You can run your own smtp gateway.

This is one of the free products available.

Not necessarily good advice:

- some ISPs block direct SMTP connections from their customers to the Internet to avoid people running spam engines

at home. These spam engines deliberately bypass the ISP's SMTP server in order to avoid being caught (don't know of any Thai ISP currently doing it though, but that may come soon - I know for sure someone who's got in trouble with True because of that)

- some major networks blacklist mails coming from known 'residential' (ADSL) or 'dynamic' (modem dial-up) IPs because, well, the same as above, it has a greater chance to be spam. See e.g. http://dynablock.njabl.org/

So if you SMTP out directly from your ADSL connection, you may sometimes get bitten by this and see your mail bounced back.

TOT should provide you a mail server. This is normally specified in the documents you get after subscribing, or their Hotline staff should be able to tell you.

This web page on their site http://203.154.210.35/index.htm gives different SMTP servers, I don't have time to decipher the accompanying Thai text right now to find out which is to be used in what situation, but I'm sure you should find the right one there.

Hope this helps,

--Lannig