Expats Who Don'T Drive In Thailand, Do You Have A Thai Driver'S License?

Jingthing

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My last poll about Thai driver's licenses kind of backfired because some people didn't seem to get it was meant for ALL expats, not only those who drive in Thailand. So to try to fix that mistake, this poll is ONLY for expats who don't currently drive in Thailand.

Thanks for voting.

I have a Thai driver license but in the first place to have a kind of an valid Thai ID card as an foreigner. It relay helps in some situation where you have to approve your ID.

Its much easier than carry around a Passport, Copy of Passport or your ID card form your home country.

And, if you lose it just go to your local police station, pay 50 baht, get this police report, go to your local traffic department and there you go.

Much easier if you lose your passport or what ever.

I wish they offered an ID only driver's license, with no driving allowed, for those of us who just want it for ID only.

A few states back home have those based on their DL but for ID only.

I know. In the US the driver's license is basically the same function as the Thai nationals ID card. You hardly exist without it, driver or not. I thought it was MOST states though, actually.

Edited by Jingthing

Got my bike license today but barely ever ride (so little as to qualify as a non-rider). It is purely for ID purposes although for the life of me I can't think of when I will actually need it. I don't visit national parks and I have seen enough temples to serve a lifetime.

Other Upcoming JT polls:

Expats who DONT swim in Thailand,do you own swimwear?

Expats who DONT drink in Thailand, what's your average Beer Chang purchase per week?

Expats who DONT own a TV, which UBC / Truevisions package do you have?

Expats who...

Zzzzzzzz :lol:

and I already though this was the poll of polls...

Other Upcoming JT polls:

Expats who DONT swim in Thailand,do you own swimwear?

Expats who DONT drink in Thailand, what's your average Beer Chang purchase per week?

Expats who DONT own a TV, which UBC / Truevisions package do you have?

Expats who...

Zzzzzzzz :lol:

You're not thinking dude. This poll is relevant. It's about the use of licenses as ID. Your other examples are simply absurd. This topic isn't.

I have a Thai driving license. THis is the first time I have had a one so I have to renew it after one year but its useful as an ID. It a lot easier to carry around than a passport or work permit and helped me get into Khao Yai national park for 40 baht rather than 400 baht! My UK driving license is no use there!

If employed in Thailand I've also found that my tax ID card has always been accepted when entering national parks etc. Kao Yai, Chiang Mai Night Safari, Doi Inthanon etc. Although Chiang Mai zoo wouldn't accept any form of Thai ID from me.

If employed in Thailand I've also found that my tax ID card has always been accepted when entering national parks etc. Kao Yai, Chiang Mai Night Safari, Doi Inthanon etc. Although Chiang Mai zoo wouldn't accept any form of Thai ID from me.

I'd suggest a tax card is better than a DL to ensure you Thai prices.

Jing Jing, another poll please!