Phones, Camera Phones

ant07

I have a general enquiry about mobile phones with a built in camera.

The price of these phones are now much cheaper in England & my wife (Thai) & I would like to purchase two, one for us & one for her family in N/E Thailand.

Obviously having the ability to send instant pictures would be great for my wife & her family.

Problem is I do not know what Thai Sim Cards would fit into our phones. ( Plus which would be the cheapest)

Modern Tech is really my down fall so please bear with me.

Thanks.

Guest endure

Thai sims will fit into your UK phone. There are two problems you might have. Any phone you buy in the UK is likely to be 'locked' to the network provider (Orange, O2 etc) and you'll need to have it unlocked to be able to use Sims from other network providers. The phone that you intend to purchase for your wife's family will not have Thai script as one of the display options and unless your wife's family is fairly fluent in English they'll have big problems with it. The price of phones in Thailand is not all that different to UK prices now and I suspect you'd be wiser to buy the family phone in Thailand.

Obviously having the ability to send instant pictures would be great for my wife & her family.

Please be aware that you will not be able to send an MMS (picture message) from a UK mobile to a Thai mobile (or in fact any non uk network)... It can't be done (yet)..

Picture messaging is limited to the same country only... I'm sure this will change in time, but not yet..

totster :o

Guest endure
Thai Language module can be installed on said mobile. I gave my gf my old mobile and she just took in to the shop and they took care of this for her.

That's useful to know. What make was your phone?

Depends on the firmware of the phone which in turn depends on the region it was sold in (and date sold)..

Just bought the SE K750i with 2MP cam and flash etc.. Takes pictures about as good as my old orional model IXUS and is also a MP3 player with very usuable sound.. Superb product all round, very impressed..