Emirates/Qatar Airways

Noodles

I was planning on flying with emirates at christmas to the UK. It appears I have

left my booking a little late for the dates I want and now the flight I was going for

has is only available with a 24 hour + wait in Dubai on the return leg rather than a couple of hours.

So rather than wait to see if they put on any more flights I will try booking with Qatar

who are similary priced. Has anyone any feedback on this airline as in inflight entertainment, food

etc.

What is the airport like in Doha. Is it easy to naviagte, and how much time should I allow myself on the transfer.

Many thanks in advance

One thing's for sure, these countries will do their best to find you in violation of any small law and throw you in prison the moment you land. Make sure you don't have any prescription drugs on their long long list of prohibited items or you will be in the shit. Some of the items on this list are normal over the counter medications in lots of places around the world.

Be warned and avoid this region.

I have used Qatar many times. Excellent quality in economy, plenty of leg room, modern aircraft, the UK leg is the best however. Service on board very good, good entertainment(seat back) and food decent quality . Doha itself is a small airport(terminal) easy to navigate. Check connecting flights(timing) as the last time I was there in 2009 transfers were still by bus and I missed a connection to London because they closed the gate as we arrived, so had to wait for a later flight. This was on BKK to DOH leg.

One thing's for sure, these countries will do their best to find you in violation of any small law and throw you in prison the moment you land. Make sure you don't have any prescription drugs on their long long list of prohibited items or you will be in the shit. Some of the items on this list are normal over the counter medications in lots of places around the world.

Be warned and avoid this region.

I think that you need to come off your meds ukrules.

Back to OP. I have not flown Qatar, but my friends do on a regular basis. No complaints (or jail) from them

Edited by Tropicalevo

Use Qatar regularly, no problems in airport, quite small, my time between flights is usually about 30=45 minutes, becauae of bus transfer enough time for a p** and straight to the gate for connection. Qatar always have good clean airplanes, mostly new and very comfortable. Entertainment (back of seat) all good as is the food.

Never had cause for complaint on any aspect in the last 5 years.

Have been in transit in doha with Qatar Air a few times and they dont check transit passengers for any drugs. This is important for me as I have to carry several prescription drugs when travelling.

I believe the problem with medicine like over the counter drugs like codeine mixed with aspirine is mainly in UAE.

Qatar are fantastic. The plane has all the latest IFE and lots of leg room. Good service from attendants. Doha airport is small so easy to navigate and not much time needed for transfers. When it's time to board you have to walk outside to catch one of those buses to the plane (Samui style) but it's all very modern and organised. I recommend Qatar as the best in-direct flight to the UK (that was my route). B)