New Village Brit Style Chinese Place

Jingthing

Why is it necessary to type "ch**ky" instead of the word actually used in the name of the restaurant? Is this just another case of PC madness?

Your answer is HERE

it as a derivative of the racist term "chink" but notes that the degree to which the term is deemed offensive varies according to age or ethnic origin of the listener.[6]

we are in pattaya in the 21st century !!

Offensive in the same way that pom/septic/kraut/frog are taken as offensive by some, but hey its not my train set.

what is a septic

Looked at the menu and it's far too expensive. Also, they've just put the prices up on nearly all their chippy menu.

Looking at their menu the main dishes are in the range of 110~160 Baht so I don't consider that to be too expensive and the draft Asahi is a vey reasonable 50 Baht a mug.

Come on Jingthing go there and give us a review, or what has happened to Cochran and his excellent reviews?

I tried the food Saturday night I thought the food was good and well priced so much so I returned again last night!

295b for half crispy aromatic duck in my opinion very cheap (£8 for only a quarter back in the UK). The spare ribs for 160b were also good although they only offer them dry or in a sweet and sour sauce but no capital or bbq sauce?

The curry sauce was exactly the same as you get back in the UK.

Hong Kong style sweet and sour chicken was a good dish at 130b chicken not as crunchy as the Uk but still a very nice dish with a very nice sauce.

I can't think of another take away outlet offering this food at these prices here in Pattaya so I would recommend giving them a try.

Portions are generous, food well packaged for take away, prices good, staff helpful, I hope the business does well as I will def be a regular customer!

They have been open for about 3 weeks now, I have ordered twice each week since opening, both eat in and take away, I love the food, some may say otherwise, but it is fantastic to have a western chinese restaurant in pattaya. There was one other, chow soy, still going, but I rather eat dog food.

I agree about Chow Soy. I tried it once a long time ago. Once. That tells the story.

same here. going now, will report back.

• 2 months later...

as it was chinese new year i thought i would cross over from the darkside and try out the village chinese place off 3rd road

so about 7-30 pm:

we found it ok

got parked ok

it looked ok

small place about 25 covers

party of 10 in there already

2 outside apparently waiting for takeaway

waitress tells us we will have to wait long time

i say how long?

she says maybe 1 hour

i say why?

she says have 'big' party

i say you have 25 seats but only 10 people sitting

she say have takeaway order

i say for how many?

she says two, pointing at the two people outside

i say thats only 12 orders

why have to wait one hour?

she say have short staff cooks

i say how many you have?

she says 2

i say how many you normally have?

she says 3

i think big difference!

time to go....

i loitered outside the village chippy whilst the wife fetched the car

lady came out, asked if she could help me?

i said i was going to chinese next door but they too busy

have a big party of 10 !!

she smiles, shrugs her shoulders and goes back into the chippy

we drive off and go to Ko Krung on Pattaya Thai next to Fairtex

very busy, big open air thai restaurant

maybe 100 people seated

many big parties

seated fast,

served fast,

food arrived within 10 minutes

excellent value

highly recommended

will go again

maybe try the chinese again on a quiet night.........

• 1 month later...