Nokia N8 Pushed Back To October

MTH

The bug is Symbian. What's Nokia doing? No one knows. But more and more executives are leaving. I'll give Nokia another chance when they've switched to Android. Which might be never. That they could produce something as good as Android is extremely unlikely at this point so why not get over it.

• 2 weeks later...

They have started shipping the Nokia N8 and it hit some stores in Helsinki, Beijing, Shanghai and Moscow on October 1st.

There are loads of preorders, so it'll be a few weeks before most of us can get our hands on it.

Can't find any info on when it'll be available in stores over here.

Hopefully around the same time as India and Malaysia, where it should be available from around October 15.

Looks like the intro price have gone up from 15.400 to 16.500 Baht, wonder what it'll actually be when it gets here.:unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all :) i have been looking into the infamous bugs that are affecting this phone, one of the most annoying for sure was the inability to store the sms into the "extended" memory space, allocating just a minuscole area to this task, however it seems they are taking care of it, i will tell you more as soon as i can get one :jap:

friend bought one the other day. it's a beautiful phone, but since i'm an Android user now (former Nokia user), the N8 just falls way too short. the widgets are great, all 3 of them. and you can only minimally customize the phone. it's barely an upgrade from my old E71.

don't do it, but that's my opinion as an Android user.

Edited by anothertorres

friend bought one the other day. it's a beautiful phone, but since i'm an Android user now (former Nokia user), the N8 just falls way too short. the widgets are great, all 3 of them. and you can only minimally customize the phone. it's barely an upgrade from my old E71.

don't do it, but that's my opinion as an Android user.

Thanks for the suggestion:) well, customization is not really a big issue for me, the main points are the advantage to have a phone and a 12Mpx camera all in 1 single piece, then to use it as a portable movie player to connect on your hotel tv, not that i would watch tv that much but might come handy for when there is nothing else worth watching, the metal case also is something i really fancy and then Nokia IMO is one of the most reliable phone also in term of longevity, do you happen to know for how much are they selling them? Thx