Prices Of Uk Flights And Booking Agents In Bangkok

TexasRanger

Hi,

Currently boking flights to UK for Christmas time, the prices seem to be around the 800 pound mark, is this normal? And does anyone know of a reputable travel firm in Bangkok (with email / website) that can help with bookings as I am working overseas at the moment.

Cheers

J

Yes this is normal as airlines put up the prices as it is a peak travel time.

I use Thai overlander located between Asoke and soi 23 on Sukhumvit.

They generally get me the best deal going.

I don't have a website for them, but i call them on 02 2584779.

I give them my email address and they send me options with prices.

no sometimes going direct to the airline web site can be cheaper like i said i paid 24k though the agent booked the flight called the airline and they were a 1,000 baht cheaper . you can get a flight out of kl for 30,000 baht on thais website to lhr but from bkk to london its over 50,000 don't make sence . what you could do is get to kl on air asia then on your return just get off at bkk . even thoe your ticket will have KL on it just tell them at LHR you will be getting off at bkk then your bags won't end up in KL.

I checked many sites and some agents, here is my dilemma.

I want to book now 850 pounds each return

We can't start the visa application until i get back in 3 weeks time, I am worried that if I wait for the visa the flights may all be full or stupidly expensive.

Should I just book the flights anyway? The wife has had a visit visa before (2007) and no problems.

What would YOU advise????? Shall I man up and book them? They are non refundable :-(

We can't start the visa application until i get back in 3 weeks time, I am worried that if I wait for the visa the flights may all be full or stupidly expensive.

Should I just book the flights anyway? The wife has had a visit visa before (2007) and no problems.

What would YOU advise????? Shall I man up and book them? They are non refundable :-(

Catch 22 - I would ring the embassy first and then determine the number of days to get a visa and the likelihood of success. You can get travel insurance to cover loss of ticket or inability to travel but would not pin your hopes on it. I would not leave the booking too late as cheap fares are usually teasers and they are limited in seats. Do it all this week would be my advice.

Catch 22 - I would ring the embassy first and then determine the number of days to get a visa and the likelihood of success. You can get travel insurance to cover loss of ticket or inability to travel but would not pin your hopes on it. I would not leave the booking too late as cheap fares are usually teasers and they are limited in seats. Do it all this week would be my advice.

Catch 22 indeed, I think anything could happen with the visa although I am quite confident, we had no worries last time but you know Thailand, right? The prices I have aren't cheap but I am just worried about no flights being available at all, you have to love that hoops you have to go through just to get your own wife to spend Christmas with your family for 3 weeks!

I think I will book the flights anyway, no choice really.

Is that right that travel insurance will cover a flight? All the tickets I look at say Non refundable/exchangeable etc.

Cheers

Catch 22 indeed, I think anything could happen with the visa although I am quite confident, we had no worries last time but you know Thailand, right? The prices I have aren't cheap but I am just worried about no flights being available at all, you have to love that hoops you have to go through just to get your own wife to spend Christmas with your family for 3 weeks!

I think I will book the flights anyway, no choice really.

Is that right that travel insurance will cover a flight? All the tickets I look at say Non refundable/exchangeable etc.

Cheers

Just been down to Bangkok to get my Mrs a new visa and they told us we will have to wait at least 15 days for it to be processed. Apparently the British Embassy are very busy at the moment. If you are hoping to be in the UK for Crimbo then don't leave your application too late. In my opinion it's foolish to buy tickets before wifeys visa comes through. I've known plenty of people who have bungled it and lost money. Personally; I always start the process early and get a flight in November when it's a lot cheaper but that depends on your circumstances. Cheapest airline showing at the moment is Egyptair via Cairo at 28,000 Baht. They are ok, as are many others.