Harddrive Repair In Bangkok? Where?

Sandman77

Hello!

my seagate harddrive is fault after a shortcut in the pc power supply,now the motor does not spin up,here in europe,the want for repair and replace the mainboard of the harddrive around 600€

the harddisc is made in thailand,no i plan,when i fly to bangkok in aproximently one month,to repair the harddrive inside thailand,i try to call segate thailand,but i cannot reach the number from outside!

did someone have expirience,about computer dealers,or companys who can do this?

how much aproximently would coasts?

thanks for information!

Repairing a hard drive is not normally viable unless the data is extremely valuable and is not backed up.

Seagates warranty agents (whose name escapes me right now, but they have offices in all the major IT malls) will usually simply replace the drive with a new one. Obviously, a drive fried by a PSU failure is not covered by warranty anyway.

600 Euro to replace the drive electronics sounds like you're actually getting data recovery too unless it's a very special drive.

Please verify that you require data recovery and someone will be able to give you the details of a local company, although it may not actually turn out to be much cheaper than in the West.

Do you have pictures of the damage?

I lol'd.........pictures of the damage bwahahahahahahahahaha.

Assuming the data has not been compromised the easiet way to fix it is to find another HDD with identical model/serial number and swap over the electrical bits.

Edited by Spoonman

Do you have pictures of the damage?

I lol'd.........pictures of the damage bwahahahahahahahahaha.

Assuming the data has not been compromised the easiet way to fix it is to find another HDD with identical model/serial number and swap over the electrical bits.

One wonders if you always laugh when you do not know what you are talking about.

A power surge can easily do this (and other types of similar damage):

2nDGAl.jpg

Anything else?

I used a place in the back of Pantip once, but that was a stright case of I'd blown the fuse on the drive by stupidly connecting a molex the wrong way round when attaching it as an external drive (to copy the data off it).

i.e. They didn't have to replace the board, just bridge the blown fuse long enough to copy the data off.