The Office Bar ... Goof For Aussie Sports Not Goof For Premiership

Dublin01

For all premiership fans,

Had a disappointing experience on Sunday when went to the Office on Soi 33 to watch Liverpool Man U game. Couldn't believe they did not put commentary on in the bar. Especially since most customers [if not all] were watching game.

As this is one of the biggest games of the season in Premiership it was really dissappointing and we left after one drink and went to Penalty Spot. I've been to officee often when AFL/Rugby/Formula one which always has barwide live commentary so was expecting same for Premiership, it was an early kick-off too [7.30pm] ?????? weird !

Just thought I'd post for Premiership fans in case u were planning a footie night there, it's not to be recommended for viewing barclays., we missed 10 minutes of action as we scrambled to next bar

As I recall, I offered you the option to listen to the commentary in our sports room on the mezzanine floor.

This room has 3 x LCD TV's with surround sound and extremely comfortable for 30 people.

The AFL, NRL and Rugby customers use this room all the time to watch live games with commentary.

I really don't know why the sports room is not good enough for the Premier League customers.

We have the ability to show every Premier League game live and I've found in the past if I open the commentary in the main bar for a particular game another customer will complain and want to listen to another game and others will walk out because they want to listen to music, that's why I have the sports room.

I try to please all customers if I can but sometimes it's very difficult, particularly when we can show more sport than any other bar in Bangkok.

Regards,

Bob

• Like 1

You should have gone to..."Manchester United" bar (Suk Soï 11, in the President Palace Hotel)...

No problem to watch the game there... And all the matches of MU for the matter!

Oh yeah, the plastic football fan place. :whistling:

Plenty of places around in Bangkok to watch football. The Office has never been a place that is football mainly anyhow, although I have found them to be very hospitable on the occassions a group of us have gone down there, and they normally make arrangements for an area to watch it, which seems like what was offered.

If you want Football, suggest you go to The Crossbar, Soi 23 - it is a football pub primarily.

Other plaes are Gullivers, if you like that sort of place, Robin Hood, Soi 8 (not sure now that Dave is not there) etc, etc

As I recall, I offered you the option to listen to the commentary in our sports room on the mezzanine floor.

This room has 3 x LCD TV's with surround sound and extremely comfortable for 30 people.

The AFL, NRL and Rugby customers use this room all the time to watch live games with commentary.

I really don't know why the sports room is not good enough for the Premier League customers.

We have the ability to show every Premier League game live and I've found in the past if I open the commentary in the main bar for a particular game another customer will complain and want to listen to another game and others will walk out because they want to listen to music, that's why I have the sports room.

I try to please all customers if I can but sometimes it's very difficult, particularly when we can show more sport than any other bar in Bangkok.

Regards,

Bob

Hi Bob: thanks for the reply although I am not sure it was for me or the OP. thanks for the update on your sports room. As I mentioned it was a couple years back and if it was available then - it wasn't pointed out to me by any of the staff when I quiried about the commentary on the football.

Regards,

James

Regards,

Bob

Very good response Bob! Ironically I went to the Penalty Spot to watch the final game of the Tri-nations rugby and they were unable to provide sound for the match, I walked around to the Office and was happy to see that the game was on with sound in all areas! I guess you can please some of the people some of the time.

The Office is the best sports bar in BKK by a country mile, possibly the best sports bar in Asia.

The beer is ultra cold, the waitresses are dam_n fine, I can have a cigarette at the bar AND watch just about any sport in the world LIVE.

The upstairs room has been a lifesaver during NRL finals this year as they have the PNG satellite in there when no one else does. Theres even a volume control on the wall if you want the commentary louder!

The Office is the best sports bar in BKK by a country mile, possibly the best sports bar in Asia.

The beer is ultra cold, the waitresses are dam_n fine, I can have a cigarette at the bar AND watch just about any sport in the world LIVE.

The upstairs room has been a lifesaver during NRL finals this year as they have the PNG satellite in there when no one else does. Theres even a volume control on the wall if you want the commentary louder!

The Tavern, HSin Yi Road, Taipei has more screens and a better selection of beer. I went there to watch the Scotland - LIthuania European Qualifier on the ticker below the England Estonia game...But its not as convenient for most of us, even when the new Hsin Yi MRT line opens...

SC

All,

If you note my post , it's really for Premiership fans wanting to watch live commentary (regardless of bad spelling that i can't edit out ). Have had good times at the Office , food and atmosphere very good in the past. It's a note to others watching premiership football who want the crowd like atmosphere in the central bar. Bob did offer upstairs but as its away from main bar really more of a "stay at home' type option for a crowd of lads. I understand that every Bar owner has to deal with conflicting customers and that's their call. This isn't a rant at The Office just an fyi to others who follow the EPL .

I haven' tried the crossbar , will give it a go sometime