Soi Nana

Blackandwhite

A mate of mine had an experience in which he was drugged, three weeks on he is still not right, he is back in the UK but not right. He does not and has never even taken drugs of any type. He had at the time been in a bar opposite the Seven Eleven just down from Nana Plaza.

If there is anybody else out there that has had a similar experience please let me konw. :o

I was too once. Many times it is due to bad mix or fake brand of drinks. Once I took one Screwdriver and was like drunk in one hour and felt very strange for the whole night. Took me sometimes to recover (about 1 week) and go drink again and I was very careful to taste anything before finishing first my drink.

That's been going on for years. I've had more than afew train trips where Thais offered me drinks. No thanks. This excerpt is from the U.S. Department of State:

There are occasional reports of scopolamine druggings perpetrated by prostitutes or unscrupulous bar workers for the purpose of robbery. Tourists have also been victimized by drugged food and drink, usually offered by a friendly stranger (sometimes posing as fellow traveler). In addition, casual acquaintances met in a bar or on the street may pose a threat. Travelers are advised to avoid leaving drinks or food unattended and should avoid going to unfamiliar venues alone. Some trekking tour companies, particularly in Northern Thailand, have been known to make drugs available to trekkers. In July 2001, an American died after smoking opium in a northern hilltribe village. Travelers should not accept drugs of any kind, as the drugs may be altered or harmful, and the use or sale of drugs is illegal.

i've heard of some girls putting chemicals on their chests and then pushing the farang's face into it. another method is giving the farang a pill like it was a breath mint. or just dropping something into his beer.

these are very extremely rare things as 99 percent of bar girls take more pride in having you give them most of your money than stealing it.

Although not as serious as having dangerous drugs put in your drink (which happens more often than people imagine), many bars (Rainbow 1,2,3 in Nana for example) give you slops of the leftovers of other customers unfinished drinks. I know they've cottoned on to the fact that many of us have wised up to this and now try to give you half a bottle of mixed leftover beer (other people's phlegm and all) topped up with soda water to make it fizzy as if it was a fresh bottle. You know you're onto something when waiters/waitresses get indignant and give you that 'look' when you ask to open the bottle yourself. But maybe I'm just being fussy. I know there are tough guys out there who would positively relish these cocktails.