Naturegift Coffee Plus

TCA

My girlfriend has started drinking an instant coffee called NatureGift Coffee Plus because of its apparent health giving properties and assistance in weight loss:

Improve Blood Circulation

Lower Cholesterol

Balance Blood Sugar (Suitable for diabetes)

Energy Booster

Appetite Control & Weight Loss

Health Maintenance

Edited to say - sorry, it didn't post correctly and I lost most of my message. This was the link:

http://www.naturegift.co.th/eng/product_benifit_en.html

"Every day millions of people are trying to lose weight, and every day millions of people drink coffee. In 2003, Dr.Kritsada, managing director of DK Health Product Ltd., Part, and NatureGift (Thailand) Ltd., Part. gets the idea and combines these two concepts into a new revolutionary health and thermogenic weight management product, . . . NATUREGIFT COFFEE PLUS. From the research of Dr. Kritsada, he found that by adding various nutrients in a proper ratio, it will help to stimulate fat, starch, sugar and protein metabolism. Research shows that the stimulation of fat metabolism in the body and the amount of fat consumed are crucial keys to effective weight loss. NatureGift Coffee Plus is a remarkable thermogenic formula that has been scientifically designed to increase the physiologic process of heat production of the body, and therefore, accelerates your body's ability to burn more calories and stored fat. NatureGift Coffee Plus not only provides the taste of Premium Coffee, but combines various nutrients unlike any other coffee. It contains a small amount of buffered caffeine, which means you receive the benefits of caffeine without the negative side effects such as the jitters, acid stomach or sleep deprivation. After launching NatureGift Coffee Plus for one year, the results were found to be really impressive. NatureGift has decided to extend the product lines and introduced new products into the market including Hot Cocoa Mix, Ice Coffee, Collagen Coffee, Collagen Plus (Collagen drink), XeroCal Q10 (Collagen plus nutrients and Q10 encapsulated in the Capsule) and Lac-vita (Soluble fiber plus nutrients) which also have the thermogenic effects like NatureGift Coffee Plus. NatureGift Coffee Plus and NatureGift products are the truly unique health blend formula. Our products not only triggers your body's weight control mechanisms to burn fat and increase your energy level, but it also promotes muscle and fitness potential, improves immune responses, controls blood sugar level, helps lower cholesterol and improves your stress-coping abilities. You will be Alert, Relax & Healthy -- simply by using our NatureGift Products."

A 13.5g sachet (no cholestral and no added sugar) contains 9.45g of non-dairy creamer (glucose syrup solids and palm oil) and 2.29g of instant coffee powder, which would seem to be most of it. The rest appears to be a host of various E number plus the vitamins, minerals, ginseng extract etc...

Any health experts out there with any views as to whether this product lives up to any of its boasts?

Thanks

TCA

Edited by TCA

What's in it? Am sure it has both (semi artificial) creamer as well as artificial sweeteners for a start. Then coffee of course.... And then some smaller amounts of various supplements - too little to really make a difference (bean extracts, carnitine Etc.).

I would say it might be as good as a normal 3-in-one instant coffee (which is pretty bad w. it's creamer and sugar). :)

Cheers!

What's in it? Am sure it has both (semi artificial) creamer as well as artificial sweeteners for a start. Then coffee of course.... And then some smaller amounts of various supplements - too little to really make a difference (bean extracts, carnitine Etc.).

I would say it might be as good as a normal 3-in-one instant coffee (which is pretty bad w. it's creamer and sugar). :)

Cheers!

Yes, I've tried a few versions of these, and of course 3 in 1 varieties. All taste good, and all great for my weight gain progamme! Stick to herbal teas, or jasmine, or green tea without the additives. Or no coffee at all except when waiting for your g/f or wife in Big C. As we have a glut of limes at present, fresh limejuice in cold water seems to work most of the day.