Visa On Arrival At Phuket Airport

CaptaiNHangoveR

Hi, anyone has any experience with obtaining visa on arrival at Phukett international airport at the night hours? I have to go there from Kuching (Malaysia) and there is no Thai conslutae here.. The problem is that I will arrive around 8:45 pm and when I arrived at Phukett airport last time in such an hour (with tourist visa obtained in advance), the "Visa on arrival" was closed. I should be completely eligible to obtain it and know all the requirements..

Thx a lot for any replies..

I came in on a flight from KL that arrived after 9.30pm. I cant imagine that every Australian on that plane (and there were plenty!) had a visa prior to arriving as they are all elligible for a free 30 day visa on arrival.. Shouldnt be a problem if you a eligible, I thought they just did visa's at passport control.

Seems crazy indeed, but that's how it was last time and that's why I started this topic. I suppose they would do it at the checkpoint, but somehow can't stop thinking about that:)

Thx for replies..

I am having problems understanding your needs.

If you last time had a tourist visa when you arrived LOS, you just state visa number on entry card and Imm grant you 60 days.

If you dont have visa when you arrive, your option is a visa excempt stamp 30/14 days for most nationals.

Visa on arrival is for those (few) nationalities not granted visa excempt on arrival

Seems crazy indeed, but that's how it was last time and that's why I started this topic. I suppose they would do it at the checkpoint, but somehow can't stop thinking about that:)

Thx for replies..

If you last time had a tourist visa when you arrived LOS, you just state visa number on entry card and Imm grant you 60 days.

If you dont have visa when you arrive, your option is a visa excempt stamp 30/14 days for most nationals.

Visa on arrival is for those (few) nationalities not granted visa excempt on arrival

You certainly got that right

Thx for replies..

Op's questions seems pretty clear to me:

he needs visa (so from non-eligible visa exempt country), can't obtain in advance like last time and is afraid visa on arrival will be closed when he arrives.