Nepalese Green Card-Holder Deported From Bangkok After 18-Hour Detention

webfact

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She has a green card, so what. I have a "beyond" platinum card. Green card cannot make payment nor withdraw cash. Who cares about green card outside USA. If I am the immigration office, I would politely tell the girl to put the green card away, as I won't be interested; and stop threatening me. Have green card does not make her my mother. I am only interested in her Nap passport, her real intention to visit Thailand, if she has the mean to support herself, any hidden agenda, is she likely to take up illegal employment, and will she be leaving Thailand after her intended stay, etc. . . . As the article is only a one sided story, I will take it with a bucket of salt. . . . http://thaicatwalk.c...eyond-platinum/

The punishment should fit the crime. She had entered Thai soil without valid visa by mistake of Thai airways authorities who allowed her to board the flight in the first place.

The Thai Airways did not help her even though she was put into a bad situation because of their mistake.

The Immigration did not show her any sympathy but instead put her in jail ... she had not committed any crime.

The transit lounge is the place where such passengers should be taken to wait for the next flight to where ever they choose not the jail.

Most if not all of us break some law everyday but mostly we go unpunished since the crime is not so serious.

Instead of showing sympathy and helping the lady they put her in jail instead.

Having a green card does not mean anything but to be treated fairly means a lot.

Checking in at Thai Airways, we were informed that my wife was not allowed to embark on the plane. The reason? She held a Maltese passport and her final destination was Norway. My wife had been a resident in Norway for 20 years, but as she had just renewed her passport and she did not have the stamp in the new passport to prove that she was residing in Norway.

The last time I looked Malta is part of the EU

and as such your wife will get a 30 day permit to stay on arrival.

It seems THAI needs to get their act together. :bah:

Off-topic but being a member of EU has nothing to do if a person will get a VISA exempt entry, those are still defined on a per nation level.

(And citizens from Malta do NOT receive VISA exempt entry upon arrival to Thailand and need a pre-arranged VISA.)