Jump to content

Oa - From Washington Dc

Recommended Posts

Can the medical certificate be signed in Thailand?**

Letter from your bank - What is a satisfactory date on letterhead, the window between letter date and application submission?

Statement - All my stuff is online. Printed statement OK?

Criminal Check - State my license is issued adequate?


Edited by bangkokburning
Link to post
Share on other sites

You seem to be asking if documents generated in Thailand can be used to obtain a non-immigrant "O-A" visa from the Royal Thai Embassy in the US. Only they can answer that question for you. A couple of your question make no sense to me. If you're in Thailand why not get a 1 year extension of stay based on retirement here?

Edited by InterestedObserver
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm here in Thailand but I like the option of making the visa in the US. I go home every year anyway.

...mainly because I can get a visa and not have it tied to a residence. I don't want to keep an apartment or have the cops show up at my girlfriends place when I won't even be there but 3-4 months a year as we are traveling (in/out of thailand).

I can just show my bank account and be done with it

I can get 15 months Plus There is technically no reporting requirement, I'm sure we will be in and out every 90 days.

I dont have to convert 25k US to THB as it slides into oblivion only to correct sharply when BOT wakes up.

I go home every year anyway. Plus - no hassles about having money in the bank for x months

*I think the paper at the embassy days are drawing to a close, just a hunch - as well

The extension is a real hassle for me and I really don't need it. My basis for being pissed at Thai immigration all I need is 3-4 TRs a year and I am happy. But with all the nonsense I am shoved into a visa class that only poses problems for me - primarily reporting and residence. I will definitely be out of the country a minimum of 4 mos a year and up to 6.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems you are talking about a regular non-O visa, not an O-A visa.

The multiple non-O is valid for 1 year and would give you up to 15 months of stay with leaving the country every 90 days. No need for medical or police check.

The multiple O-A visa is also valid for 1 year, but on each entry you can stay up to 1 year. So you can get 2 years out of it instead of 15 months.

But this needs a medical and police check and can only be applied for in your home country/country of residence.

Careful, some embassies and consulates will only give a O-A when you apply for a visa based on retirement and don't issue non-O's.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...