Turning Reputation Featue Off At The User Level

Jingthing

Is it possible for users to request to be EXCLUDED from the reputation feature functionality?

If so, I would like my powers to both GIVE and GET both GREENS and YELLOWS disabled, paired with resetting my reputation counter to NIL, as a PERMANENT action.

By permanent, I mean I would be forfeiting the option of ever turning ON the feature again.

Can support do that for me?

This is not a flippant request. I seriously want this to be done if it is technically possible. Perhaps there are technical issues/time issues with doing this now. If so, please leave this request open in case it becomes possible later.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

Oops. I meant greens and reds! Not yellows!

Jingthing

What did they say?

Did you hear anything yet?

An interesting indignation indeed!

But I do concur.

Another thing, I just do not want to see those sexually oriented advertisements with suggestive postings and positions appearing as banners every time that I click to read or reply a post! :signthaivisa:

Yes, I also know they are bread and butter for you folks.

Selling sexual stimulus info and items are a huge biz but there are also numerous ways to engage in such biz.

Thaivisa should really not allowed such ad to appear as leading banner regardless how much they tempt you.

If Thaivisa is really THAT hardup which i truly doubt, contact Larry Flynt, he will offer you ten times what you are getting now. :redcard2:

post-108818-075687500 1285366486_thumb.g

post-108818-078217600 1285366911_thumb.g

Edited by vont

I think the switch off option, if it is ever offered, and I hope it is (better yet kill the entire green/red thing entirely), I think the decision to turn it off needs to be PERMANENT and IRREVERSIBLE. If not, people who are playing the red/green game may deem those who turn it on and off at will as having an "unfair" advantage in the game. Think about it.

OK, if you can't beat em, join em! The management has announced they cannot offer a technical solution at this time to turn off the feature at the user level. Maybe never? I don't know.

In any case, I have now decided to turn the tables and ask EVERYONE to PLEASE give me your two alloted reds, each and everyday? Selfish of me? Perhaps.

With this scheme, I would like to see how quickly I can get to 1000 reds! Now that would be pretty dramatic, don't you agree? What would my reputation be called then? SATAN? I can't wait.

So please folks, humor me, oblige, but by all means please give me your two allotted reds, each and everyday. If you have aliases here, use them too please!

What fun.

I will try to reward FIVE STARS to all those who help me in my 1000 reds quest of satan!

Edited by Jingthing

OK, if you can't beat em, join em! The management has announced they cannot offer a technical solution at this time to turn off the feature at the user level. Maybe never? I don't know.

In any case, I have now decided to turn the tables and ask EVERYONE to PLEASE give me your two alloted reds, each and everyday? Selfish of me? Perhaps.

With this scheme, I would like to see how quickly I can get to 1000 reds! Now that would be pretty dramatic, don't you agree? What would my reputation be called then? SATAN? I can't wait.

So please folks, humor me, oblige, but by all means please give me your two allotted reds, each and everyday. If you have aliases here, use them too please!

What fun.

I will try to reward FIVE STARS to all those who help me in my 1000 reds quest of satan!

Should we also click on the REPORT button to hasten thing up somewhat? :mfr_closed1: CHEERS

It's drama queens like Jing who get the rest of us poofs a bad name :angry:

We are a diverse bunch, mate.

You might do the same thing if had daily red stalkers on you, turning the tables is the rational reaction.

BTW, I accidentally posted the announcement of my 1000 red desire on the support forum. I thought I was posting on the other live thread about reputation on another forum. This was a bad mistake and I apologize for it sincerely to the mods.

Edited by Jingthing

Probably because more people want it than don't want it.

There hasn't been a poll on that. How do you know? The poll I did was about the desire to turn off the at the user level only, whether you would use it yourself to turn off the feature for yourself ONLY. Not a poll yet about whether to trash the feature for everyone, or not, or is there? I don't think so.

Just the impression I get, I wasn't looking for a poll or anything to make it official.

Most people seem either not bothered in the slightest, ignore it altogether, or find it a bit of harmless fun and are happy to let it stay. There are only 3 or 4 members that I've noticed being vocal in their dislike of this fairly insignificant forum feature.

You don't seem to understand..... a poll is run....the majority by far are in favour of retention or have no opinion either way........

The next step for some following such a poll is to turn up the pressure to have the process removed...........rather than learn to treat it as fun

make sense now?......:D

• Like 1

Currently the reputation system is not configurable by user name/ID. If more options will be available in a future version of the forum software we will look into that.

Cheers

So why don't you just shitcan it George?

Probably because so many interesting and fun threads are coming out of it. They will probably disable it when everyone stops whining. :D

You don't seem to understand..... a poll is run....the majority by far are in favour of retention or have no opinion either way........

The next step for some following such a poll is to turn up the pressure to have the process removed...........rather than learn to treat it as fun

YOU

It's been over 5 minutes and not even one red. What are you, a bunch of slackers?

BTW, sadly I am starting this grand contest well into the green zone. That means those with neutral or red zone reps have a big head start over me.

However, I remain confident I can still be the first to cross the pioneering 1000 red mark line. Do you dare take up the challenge?

BTW, there is a strategy for this red mark game. For example, there are now some users heavily in the red. If you are in the contest to be the 1000 red mark SATAN member, you will want to use your GREENS to cut down their reds and bring those challengers closer or into the green zone. Fun game huh?

Get it? GREEN is the NEW RED. Let the game begin!

You misrepresented the poll.

A poll is run???????????

What poll? When? By whom? On who?

Just show us some source that we can follow and check it out ourselves, pls?

Do you have the source handy pls?

Would You Like The Option To Turn Off The Reputation Feature For You?

Try a looking/searching this thread/poll in the general forum

473geo

If a person is already on cloud 9,

why does it matter what your friends or neighbors think of you?

Perhaps, this sort of thing does matter to those who are climbing the ladders to somewhere or someplace? :intheclub:

Try a looking/searching this thread/poll in the general forum - or try link below

The poll is about a very LIMITED question only. IF there was an OPTION to turn off the feature for YOU only, would YOU use it. That is an entirely different question than do you want the rep feature nixed for the forum as a whole. Please be clear, one thing is not the same as the other. There is no poll I am aware of asking would you like the rep feature nixed for the entire forum.