Thai Pol Gen Somkid To Get New Post After His 'Sacrifice'

webfact

i think the goverment lost face on the promtion part after realising the saudis where watching a bit more than they thought, so basicly told him hes not getting the job, but to save face he can step down from the offer and get another cushy job somewhere else !

Apparently you are unaware that it was not the government who promoted him nor slotted him into this new position.

Police promotions and assignments are determined by the Police Commission.

i think the goverment lost face on the promtion part after realising the saudis where watching a bit more than they thought, so basicly told him hes not getting the job, but to save face he can step down from the offer and get another cushy job somewhere else !

Apparently you are unaware that it was not the government who promoted him nor slotted him into this new position.

Whereas lower level promotions will be handled internally in the Police Force I'm wondering about filling in higher level functions. I would assume that from a certain level the Ministry responsable for the Police Force would need to approve the recommendation or decision of the Police Commision. Any one knows ?

Edited by rubl

A great hero who sacrifice for his country and people should be rewarded. Well done BiB, keep up the good work of upsetting the desert boys.

Begone foolish troll begone! Ah fuc_k it, putting you on ignore so I dont have to read your deliberate provocative posts, you must be attention starved to post like this so regularly, and stop pretending you are some young girl and not some fat old falang!

Nothing trollish about that. Read it again. I read it as sarcasm. Could be wrong.

I also thought sarcasm :rolleyes:

What if Saidi Arabia decides to play in this childish game and sells Thailand mud and swear its really oil!

You know they are really offended now.

1 kill their citizen

2 steal his jewels

3 give back fakes and pretend ignorance

4 keep the cop involved paid and working 20 years

5 promote him to number 2 spot

6 say he denied that promotion

7 give him another promotion anyway

8 again pretend ignorance

9 always blame the other guy

trust me...the last people you want to pisss-offf are muslims or arabs or oil rich monarchs!!!

quote name='aka_jack'

unquote

Whereas lower level promotions will be handled internally in the Police Force I'm wondering about filling in higher level functions. I would assume that from a certain level the Ministry responsable for the Police Force would need to approve the recommendation or decision of the Police Commision. Any one knows ?

For his promotion:

the Police Commission decided to promote Lt-General Somkid Boonthanom of Provincial Police Region 5

For his reassignment:

Somkid Bunthanom will be handed an inspector-general post

the Police Commission ruled yesterday.

To me one of the bottom line aspects of this whole affair is, irrespective of innocent or guilty, that a man who could have possibly even been considered to be a part of the whole affair is selected for the position of assistant police chief. Doesn't exactly speak well of the quality of the potential candidates for the higher positions of the RTP.

A great hero who sacrifice for his country and people should be rewarded. Well done BiB, keep up the good work of upsetting the desert boys.

Begone foolish troll begone! Ah fuc_k it, putting you on ignore so I dont have to read your deliberate provocative posts, you must be attention starved to post like this so regularly, and stop pretending you are some young girl and not some fat old falang!

Nothing trollish about that. Read it again. I read it as sarcasm. Could be wrong.

Canada,

You need to be aware of this troll's previous posts to understand that there is no sarcasm whatsoever in what he/she says!

• Like 1

Will the Dems pay for this politically if Saudi stops issuing visas for the Haj?

More Haj visas issued to Thais

JEDDAH: Following the grant of visas to the first batch of 392 Haj pilgrims on Tuesday, the Saudi Embassy in Bangkok issued over the weekend visas for another 1,038 pilgrims to perform Haj this year, according to sources at the Thai diplomatic mission. Thousands of Thais are planning to perform Haj this year.

“We expect all of them to be issued visas as per the assurance given to us by the Saudi Embassy in Bangkok,” an official of the Thai mission said quoting Saudi Charge d’Affaires Nabil Ashri. “Under no circumstances will we forbid Muslims from performing Haj, their fifth pillar of Islam.”

Continues:

http://arabnews.com/saudiarabia/article147108.ece

Arab News (Saudi Arabia) - September 26, 2010

Will the Dems pay for this politically if Saudi stops issuing visas for the Haj?

More Haj visas issued to Thais

JEDDAH: Following the grant of visas to the first batch of 392 Haj pilgrims on Tuesday, the Saudi Embassy in Bangkok issued over the weekend visas for another 1,038 pilgrims to perform Haj this year, according to sources at the Thai diplomatic mission. Thousands of Thais are planning to perform Haj this year.

“We expect all of them to be issued visas as per the assurance given to us by the Saudi Embassy in Bangkok,” an official of the Thai mission said quoting Saudi Charge d’Affaires Nabil Ashri. “Under no circumstances will we forbid Muslims from performing Haj, their fifth pillar of Islam.”

Continues:

http://arabnews.com/saudiarabia/article147108.ece

Arab News (Saudi Arabia) - September 26, 2010

Hmmm...Maybe the Saudis have something up their sleeves? One way trips for these Haj pilgrims? 1 missing Saudi business man, 1,430 potentially 'lost' Thai muslims in return?

Haj visas for 3,000 Thai Muslims

The Saudi Arabian Embassy in Thailand had granted visas to 3,000 Thai Muslims planning to undertake the Haj religious pilgrimage to Mecca, Culture Minister Nipit Intarasombat said yesterday. And it would grant a further 2,000 visas tomorrow, Nipit said. He expected all Thai pilgrims would get visas in time.

Nearly 400 Thai Muslims were granted visas in the initial batch, Nipit said last Tuesday.

Continues:

http://abna.ir/data.asp?lang=3&id=204569

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (Iran) - September 26, 2010

"Shouldn't he be suspended until his court case is over?" Or "Shouldn't he be innocent until proven guilty?" Which sentence is more correct?

Both.A reasonable and lawful way to proceed would be to place him on administrative leave pending the outcome of a trial (which of course is never going to happen).

I learned long ago to forget talking about what "should" happen in Thailand, which is "governed" by self-interest, venality and corruption.

What will happen is nothing different. The Thais will again just ride out the latest scandal, try to sweep it under the rug, and promote the guy anyway.

• Like 1