Resign My Job What To Do ?

No need to give the WP back, but it still needs to be canceled with a letter from your employer, stating the last day you work for them. (The day you visit labor).

A same letter is needed for immigration to cancel an extension of stay, if you are on an extension of stay based on employment. This is also the day you have to leave Thailand, again, if on an extension of stay based on employment. But you can get a 7 day extension of stay, for 1,900 baht.

Do you have a Temporary Extension of Permission to Stay from your local Immigration Department or are you on a non immigrant visa, making 90 day entries to Thailand?

If you are using a non immigrant visa then you just need to leave Thailand before your passport entry stamp expires.

If you are on an Extension of Permission to Stay, this expires the day your Work Permit is canceled and you must leave Thailand immediately, or as has already been posted, arrange a Temporary 7 day Extension.

Ok so If i where to cancel my work permit on the day I am leaving everything should be ok? The company should cancel the work permit or do I have to do this myself when before I am leaving?

As already posted, it depends on your visa status.

If you are on an extension of permission to stay and your employer cancels the Work Permit, then that's the end of your permission to stay.

Better you hand in the Work Permit to Labour, but please note that your company can notify Labour and Labour then notify Immigration, without any input from you.

Yes I have a non immigrant visa b.. but as I read it becomes non valid because now I stay here on the work permit need to report every 3 months at immigration.

I found this link in another post on the forum: http://www.dejudomla...id=109&Itemid=9 is this still valid?

When an expatriate employee's work is terminated, the company must issue a letter confirming the cancellation of employment. The employee must present such letter to the Immigration Department to be used for the cancellation of his visa and the visas of all dependant family members. The employee and family members must make the cancellation in person at the Immigration Department and the cancellation must be made exactly on the employee's last official working day. In the case that the last working day is a holiday or weekend the employee will need to make the cancellation on the last government working day before the holiday or weekend. Upon cancellation, in order to remain in Thailand, the work visa holder and his/her dependants must apply for a visa extension. The Immigration Department will grant a 7-day temporary visa extension. The fee for the extension is Baht 1,900 per person. Employment visa holders need to be aware that once their company sets a last official working day, their visa must be cancelled. The visa cancellation must be reported even if the visa still remains valid beyond the last day of employment. If a visa holder continues to use this employment visa after the last official day of work (the date when the company stops paying salary in Thailand), he/she will be breaking the Immigration Department rules.

So according to this I should have a cancellation letter and go to immigration in person.. and buy the extension visa for 7 days?

Edited by conceptme

Yes I have a non immigrant visa b.. but as I read it becomes non valid because now I stay here on the work permit need to report every 3 months at immigration.

I found this link in another post on the forum: http://www.dejudomla...id=109&Itemid=9 is this still valid?

When an expatriate employee's work is terminated, the company must issue a letter confirming the cancellation of employment. The employee must present such letter to the Immigration Department to be used for the cancellation of his visa and the visas of all dependant family members. The employee and family members must make the cancellation in person at the Immigration Department and the cancellation must be made exactly on the employee's last official working day. In the case that the last working day is a holiday or weekend the employee will need to make the cancellation on the last government working day before the holiday or weekend. Upon cancellation, in order to remain in Thailand, the work visa holder and his/her dependants must apply for a visa extension. The Immigration Department will grant a 7-day temporary visa extension. The fee for the extension is Baht 1,900 per person. Employment visa holders need to be aware that once their company sets a last official working day, their visa must be cancelled. The visa cancellation must be reported even if the visa still remains valid beyond the last day of employment. If a visa holder continues to use this employment visa after the last official day of work (the date when the company stops paying salary in Thailand), he/she will be breaking the Immigration Department rules.

So according to this I should have a cancellation letter and go to immigration in person.. and buy the extension visa for 7 days?

Yes the above is valid if you are on a Temporary Extension of Permission to Stay; but it is not clear from your postings as to if you are currently on such an extension obtained from Thai Immigration, or if you go to the border every 90 days (using a non immigrant visa).

Yes the above is valid if you are on a Temporary Extension of Permission to Stay; but it is not clear from your postings as to if you are currently on such an extension obtained from Thai Immigration, or if you go to the border every 90 days (using a non immigrant visa).

I go to immigration I do not cross the border wink.gif anyway thx for the help been hearing different things all over even at immigration they said it was needed to return the work permit.

The buying of the 7 days extension is a nice goodbye present jap.gif