Pigs 101 (A Start)

IsaanAussie

not really... but i would start with the 2 other large agri companies and then work down through the rest. CP then thai foods. balance, this was talked about before on here.

when ever the wife goes into local feed shops to ask this or buy that they always seem to try and push feed sales, with the promise of buying the finished product. most of the larger shops "seem" to know their stuff/ have good contacts ect. ask around in the larger towns of cities near you.........

with 200 or 300 over piglets per month you must be using large amounts of feed,  a good customer you would be.....

a private farm up the road from us manages to sell all they produce. its a very large set up. 1 farrow house and 4 finish farms, they take a 10 ton truck, full of finishers out every day, thats just what i see....

get the wife out there looking for good deals....

time on my hands today - have you thought about setting people up around you with the piglets to grow them out... you would be like the agri company and give them all they need and you buy back a X amount per kg gained? of course a good degree of trust is needed here....

a couple of years ago the wife was asked if she would be interested in working with a family that has 7 finish farms, each one can hold 700 pigs, she would surply the piglets per month. if we had been a cash up business we might have gone down this route but its another large outlay with the wait for the first return ....... if you know the people and have the cash there are always ways..........

the main reason this was spoken about was the rules were changing on how they had to run there finish units, and they were/are well off and have not debts for the farms/land. they now work with another agri company but still float the idea of going it alone if they can get the right piglet producer on board.

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys,
im still in the pigbusiness, just been very busy setting things up ( and, getting a loan to do so lol)
On the subject of how to make, a living from raising pigs, this, is what i do; i try get a little profit from each step in the supply chain.

1) profit from finished pigs .
i sell perfeqc feed from inteqc and therefore get it at wholesale, for my own pigs. I sell between 20-30 finishers, at 100-115 a, month and make between 1000-2000 profit per pig. I have a group of buyers, who buy, my, pigs and my feed customers pigs at good, prices because of guaranteed, quality and, availability ( see, point 2)

2) Profit from selling feed.
I deliver the feed to customer farms, check pigs and, determine feed needs and medicate if necessary.
I arrange sale of finished pig from customers to one of the buyers in my network. because i can guarantee good quality meat and availibility of pigs many of these buyers prefer to buy through me instead of looking themselves. and small finishers have a guarantee that they can sell their pigs. In several cases they pay for the feed upon sale of pigs. Or actualy the buyer pays me, i substract the feed costs and pay the rest to the finisher.

3) profit from selling piglets
because of biosecurity i breed my own piglets, but now i am increasing the amount of sows, so I can supply my my customers with good, quality piglets as well. batches of 50+ piglets can be sold to the feed company as well.
Aiming for thb 500 profit per piglet (15kg).
Currently at 30 sows expending to 50 by the end of the year.

4) roadside sale of meat is,in the planning. Son and his, gf will open a, small restaurant, use my meat and, sell it.

Jompa, i will asked, my, contacts, at inteqc about 200-300 piglets, a, month. pm me your location and telephone. they, have, asked me to setup a farm with such numbers a, few months ago but i prefer a smaller farm.

ps, happy to hear you back in pigs isaanaussie.

13 hours ago, revar said:

hi guys,
im still in the pigbusiness, just been very busy setting things up ( and, getting a loan to do so lol)
On the subject of how to make, a living from raising pigs, this, is what i do; i try get a little profit from each step in the supply chain.

1) profit from finished pigs .
i sell perfeqc feed from inteqc and therefore get it at wholesale, for my own pigs. I sell between 20-30 finishers, at 100-115 a, month and make between 1000-2000 profit per pig. I have a group of buyers, who buy, my, pigs and my feed customers pigs at good, prices because of guaranteed, quality and, availability ( see, point 2)

2) Profit from selling feed.
I deliver the feed to customer farms, check pigs and, determine feed needs and medicate if necessary.
I arrange sale of finished pig from customers to one of the buyers in my network. because i can guarantee good quality meat and availibility of pigs many of these buyers prefer to buy through me instead of looking themselves. and small finishers have a guarantee that they can sell their pigs. In several cases they pay for the feed upon sale of pigs. Or actualy the buyer pays me, i substract the feed costs and pay the rest to the finisher.

3) profit from selling piglets
because of biosecurity i breed my own piglets, but now i am increasing the amount of sows, so I can supply my my customers with good, quality piglets as well. batches of 50+ piglets can be sold to the feed company as well.
Aiming for thb 500 profit per piglet (15kg).
Currently at 30 sows expending to 50 by the end of the year.

4) roadside sale of meat is,in the planning. Son and his, gf will open a, small restaurant, use my meat and, sell it.

Jompa, i will asked, my, contacts, at inteqc about 200-300 piglets, a, month. pm me your location and telephone. they, have, asked me to setup a farm with such numbers a, few months ago but i prefer a smaller farm.

ps, happy to hear you back in pigs isaanaussie.

sounds good, so you end up like being the overall surplier and the buyer, in a sense, just like the big agro players do but on a different scale. all the best with everything and i hope you continue to do well.

the wife is just coming to the end of her 7 year loan from the bank for the farm, we will be very happy to see the end of the large monthly repayments.. borrowing money here is not an easy task and then the interest rates....

Contact information

Wanphen Farm

+66 890014266

We have been a customer to perfeqc feed supplier for 1,5 year now and they promise a lot but keep very little. What we need is end customer not the sharks. After a lot of pressure, we got contact information to someone that buy for market price minus 100 bath (shark). We talked a few times with him and he seams good. We just need to call him a few days in advance. Great a deal... But when the times come he had a lot of excuses and start pressing the price down and when when he relaise that we will not sell on hes terms he start to talk with an "ugly" language to my wife.

Perfect have customer that can buy our piglets but every time we ask for contact information to end customer, they come up with fantasy prices. The say, there is farms selling piglets for 1000 bath. Maybe there is someone with low cash-flow that are in need of money.  Nobody can make money on such low price. Other people in the business warning us and say that the reason is probably "side-business" from sells-men from our food supplier. I don't know what to believe but something is terribly wrong

Why is't there a market place where buyer and seller can meet??????

Here is some calculations

Sow medical     Days Kg food/day 150.00  
Seamen         150.00  
Gestation feed     125 2.20 3,575.00  
Lacation feed     28 9.00 3,780.00  
          7,655  Per Litter

Average Weaned 10.5
Sow Feed Cost/Piglet 729
Piglet vaccine cost 199
Creepfeed & milk 50
Tot per weaned piglet 978 bath

Fixed cost per month

Worker 1 9,000 THB
Worker 2 9,000 THB
Worker 3 9,000 THB
Worker 4 9,000 THB
Worker 5 9,000 THB

Maintenence 10,000 THB
Electricity 25,000 THB
Salary 0 THB
Car 2,000 THB
Disel 6,000 THB
Mortage 48,000 THB
  136,000 THB

136 000 / 330 piglets = 412 bath per piglet. Then add the cost for piglet 978 bath.

A profession farm with loan from a bank will have a minimum cost of 1300 - 1400 bath per piglet. Keep in mind that this is without salary to us and a company needs to make profit. Then the numbers will be even higher.

The only way to increase the margins is to have more piglets or cut in the vaccine program.

This is the number i came up with. You guys maybe have a different view. Please comment. 

Any contact information to potential customer is appreciated or any kind of help.

Edited by jompa67

question for you rever. when you buy-take delivery of the feed from your surplier how much is the minimum you have to take each month to make all above work.

reason for asking is the wifes sister is getting a good few gilts-sows together and she will need to start buying more feed in the near future, she will not be selling feed on only feeding like you under 50 sow with about 100 piglet each month to feed on.

she is in the process of trying different feed companies at the mo but the price of feed is her main worry.....

to thoong, yes im like, a mini cp who caters, to the, small farmers, with 5-50 pigs;)

I am an official perfeqc supplier so my own real feedcosts are a lot lower than average. for accounting purposes, i still calculate my feed costs at retail price but of course in the end the bath ends up in the same wallet.

But having different income sources, also makes me less dependant on the, wims, of the market or chance. if, disease, hits the farm i still have my, feed sales. if i expect pig prices, to drop i can choose, to sell piglets, instead of finishing. If pigprices are low and many quit my feed, sales drop but i increase my, own finishing to profit from the higher prices when supply is low later in the, cycle.

and, you are right about loans. mine, is 5 years and it took a, year, to arrange. basicly my net income during the first 3 years, will be lower then without the loan because of the monthly payments. only after, that i should, start to see some benefits lol. But u gotto plan for the future.

Contact information
Wanphen Farm
+66 890014266

We have been a customer to perfeqc feed supplier for 1,5 year now and they promise a lot but keep very little. What we need is end customer not the sharks. After a lot of pressure, we got contact information to someone that buy for market price minus 100 bath (shark). We talked a few times with him and he seams good. We just need to call him a few days in advance. Great a deal... But when the times come he had a lot of excuses and start pressing the price down and when when he relaise that we will not sell on hes terms he start to talk with an "ugly" language to my wife.

Perfect have customer that can buy our piglets but every time we ask for contact information to end customer, they come up with fantasy prices. The say, there is farms selling piglets for 1000 bath. Maybe there is someone with low cash-flow that are in need of money.  Nobody can make money on such low price. Other people in the business warning us and say that the reason is probably "side-business" from sells-men from our food supplier. I don't know what to believe but something is terribly wrong

Seamen         150.00  
          7,655  Per Litter

Average Weaned 10.5
Sow Feed Cost/Piglet 729
Piglet vaccine cost 199
Creepfeed & milk 50

Fixed cost per month
Worker 1 9,000 THB
Worker 2 9,000 THB
Worker 3 9,000 THB
Worker 4 9,000 THB
Worker 5 9,000 THB

Maintenence 10,000 THB
Electricity 25,000 THB
Salary 0 THB
Car 2,000 THB
Disel 6,000 THB
Mortage 48,000 THB
  136,000 THB

136 000 / 330 piglets = 412 bath per piglet. Then add the cost for piglet 978 bath.

A profession farm with loan from a bank will have a minimum cost of 1300 - 1400 bath per piglet. Keep in mind that this is without salary to us and a company needs to make profit. Then the numbers will be even higher.

The only way to increase the margins is to have more piglets or cut in the vaccine program.

This is the number i came up with. You guys maybe have a different view. Please comment. 

Any contact information to potential customer is appreciated or any kind of help.

Just out of interest. What do you mean with market minus 100 baht? You mean the CP announced price - 1 baht?

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

To Jompa,
iv had similar experiences with perfeqc , betagro, spm and, other suppliers. these experiences, were one of, the main reasons, i jumped, at the chance to become a perfeqc supplier myself. i can trust myself;)

batches of 50+ piglets i can sell to perfeqc, not to a, feed supplier. they got holding farms, for those from which they will sell the piglets to their customers. prices are the official published prices.
Batches of 50+ finished pigs, fed on perfeqc feed only ( no mixing) according to my feed program are sold to exporters. contacts go through perfeqc head office not directly. prices are usualy at or even just above cp price. this,is,however less,sure. wev run into import stops,in china and cambodia several times because,of news about sicknesses,in thailand.

Your calculations seem ok to me.

What i do is take sow/gilt feed costs ( including costs when pigletsare suckling), ai costs, vaccines, meds electricity, water, etc and divide that by the number of sows. then i calculate,with 2.2 litters,of 10 piglets year and, allocate those, costs to piglets.
This, results at, a cost of around, thb1200 at 15 kg. i dont have, workers, so that kinda, explains, the, difference with your costs. ( i use retail prices not my, actual gross, prices for this, calculation).

One other thought. being a, perfeqc supplier i can arrange for trucks of 320 bags to be, delivered to any farm in thailand at discounts of 10-15 bath a bag from retail price depending on feed type and amount.
( basicly, we split the, difference between gross and, retail;)
At delivery you would, have to pay, for the truck and arange for ofloading yourself. payment would be made to my bank and i would pay inteqc.
I can arange this for anyone who can handle deliveries,of 320,640, etc.

Sorry for the sales pitch but it looks, like, a, win win. if, anyone wants, i can post prices for delivery to the, farm at 320 bag batches.

4 hours ago, jompa67 said:

Contact information

Wanphen Farm

+66 890014266

Seamen         150.00  
          7,655  Per Litter

Average Weaned 10.5
Sow Feed Cost/Piglet 729
Piglet vaccine cost 199
Creepfeed & milk 50

Fixed cost per month

Worker 1 9,000 THB
Worker 2 9,000 THB
Worker 3 9,000 THB
Worker 4 9,000 THB
Worker 5 9,000 THB

Maintenence 10,000 THB
Electricity 25,000 THB
Salary 0 THB
Car 2,000 THB
Disel 6,000 THB
Mortage 48,000 THB
  136,000 THB

to drive costs down i would look at the electric you consume and the labor that you employ. maybe reduce lactation days...

over the years i have worked out what i think the cost of a piglet would be and i also say about 1000 baht per piglet, more often than not under the 1000 but.... that would be on 2.5 litter per year, and yes if you can average 10.5 per litter it puts your farm/work at the top end of the scale in thailand.

25 minutes ago, revar said:

To Jompa,
iv had similar experiences with perfeqc , betagro, spm and, other suppliers. these experiences, were one of, the main reasons, i jumped, at the chance to become a perfeqc supplier myself. i can trust myself;)

batches of 50+ piglets i can sell to perfeqc, not to a, feed supplier. they got holding farms, for those from which they will sell the piglets to their customers. prices are the official published prices.
Batches of 50+ finished pigs, fed on perfeqc feed only ( no mixing) according to my feed program are sold to exporters. contacts go through perfeqc head office not directly. prices are usualy at or even just above cp price. this,is,however less,sure. wev run into import stops,in china and cambodia several times because,of news about sicknesses,in thailand.

What i do is take sow/gilt feed costs ( including costs when pigletsare suckling), ai costs, vaccines, meds electricity, water, etc and divide that by the number of sows. then i calculate,with 2.2 litters,of 10 piglets year and, allocate those, costs to piglets.
This, results at, a cost of around, thb1200 at 15 kg. i dont have, workers, so that kinda, explains, the, difference with your costs. ( i use retail prices not my, actual gross, prices for this, calculation).

One other thought. being a, perfeqc supplier i can arrange for trucks of 320 bags to be, delivered to any farm in thailand at discounts of 10-15 bath a bag from retail price depending on feed type and amount.
At delivery you would, have to pay, for the truck and arange for ofloading yourself. payment would be made to my bank and i would pay inteqc.

Sorry for the sales pitch but it looks, like, a, win win. if, anyone wants, i can post prices for delivery to the, farm at 320 bag batches.

sales pitch all good. say the feed when it is delivered how long of a life does it have. what delivery price for lorry, is it X baht per km or is at an all in price.? example of the feed that gets delivered to the farm. it would be baged the day before and have a "60 day shelf life"  labled on the bag.

im thinking for the future  for when the sister gets up and running, and money in the bank ect.... by buying from you would that entitle said person then to have the option of piglet or finisher sales to company through you even though the pigs would be coming from another province?

To Jompa,

Yes I'd be interested to see your prices for 320 bags+. Can you share?

You mention you don't have workers? Can you explain how you manage it?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

@thoong. feed, would be bagged the day before at the factory. shelf life on bag is 90 days. At my own farm i do however regularly use thefeed, which i didnt sell and is over date. dry storage is criticle though. moisture can make, it go bad fast.

delivery prices are somewhat different per chaufeur. the factory is near bangkok and, cost to khorat is around thb5500-6000 for instance.

piglet and pigsales to the, company are, not dependant on location but do require minimal batch sizes of 50-100 depending on your location. they also require certain standards in hygiene, medication use, feeding etc and, your farm would be regularly visited by a vet.
@robert. il post figures, tomorrow.

And i got a wife, son, his gf and, a nephew helping out on the farm and, delivering feed.
son, gf and nephew live in our house in town ( we live at the farm) and we, all eat together. its becoming a family business and many hands make light work.

especialy since im constantly trying to improve efficiency. recently doubled the power of my automatic pump used for cleaning and,that alone,halved,cleaning time.

So I do have, workers, but no salery, costs,;)

On 8/7/2560 at 9:41 PM, revar said:

@thoong. feed, would be bagged the day before at the factory. shelf life on bag is 90 days. At my own farm i do however regularly use thefeed, which i didnt sell and is over date. dry storage is criticle though. moisture can make, it go bad fast.

delivery prices are somewhat different per chaufeur. the factory is near bangkok and, cost to khorat is around thb5500-6000 for instance.

piglet and pigsales to the, company are, not dependant on location but do require minimal batch sizes of 50-100 depending on your location. they also require certain standards in hygiene, medication use, feeding etc and, your farm would be regularly visited by a vet.
@robert. il post figures, tomorrow.

And i got a wife, son, his gf and, a nephew helping out on the farm and, delivering feed.
son, gf and nephew live in our house in town ( we live at the farm) and we, all eat together. its becoming a family business and many hands make light work.

especialy since im constantly trying to improve efficiency. recently doubled the power of my automatic pump used for cleaning and,that alone,halved,cleaning time.

So I do have, workers, but no salery, costs,;)

thanks revar for those details. Understand you are a family business and great to see you have a lot of support given the size of your business.

In addition to the quote for the pig food for 320 bags +, can you let me know if I have a batch of around 70 pigs, would you buy them back at CP price? Just asking because my next batch which I'm starting this month has 71 pigs. 

many thanks.

my perfeqc prices ( no discount):
910:thb 300
911:thb 680
912: thb 640
913: thb 500
914: thb 460
916: thb 420

907: thb710
902: thb470
903 thb470

prices for one truckload (320 bags) excluding costs,of truck.
910: 280
911:650
912:610
913:470
914:430
916:390

907: 680
902:440
903: 440

truck costs depent on location. Khorat area is thb5000-6000.

If interested pm please. i can get truck costs and may be able to reduce feed price a bit more.

My feeding, schedule is, as follows:
-Weaning,at 28 days. during, the last 2 weeksthe piglets have access to the 903 the sow eats.

911x0.1
912x0.5
913x30
914x20
916x10

This will get them to 100kg.
I do however prefer to sell at 110-120 and feeding extra 916 adds red meat, not fat. by now most of my pig buyers prefer my bigger pigs;)

1499683774668.jpg

@robert

I cant and wont promise anything about buying finished, pigs since I wont buy pigs myself. And, unless its close, to my location i wont be able to use my network so any pig sales would have to go through inteqc perfeqc producer) h.o.
In my experience, they do often buy at cp prices but will require 100% perfeqc fed pigs and other standards.

However, ThisIsThailand.
I would, never want to depent on any promise. Even if the guy, you talk to is sincere. his successor might not or a future boss may overrule.
And even with contracts, lawyers in thailand are expensive.

In my experience Perfeqc feed offers the lowest feed costs while producing the highest quality meat.
I used many feeds (Sunfeed,Betagro, Balance, SPM,a.o.) . I have sold Betagro and SPM. with perfeqc my profits are 150% of the next best one which was Betagro.

So imo choose your feed on costs and quality.
promises are easy but very unreliable.
Remember, in Thailand saying no is impolite. so many just say yes, then forget or ignore.

@revar  many thanks for those details. really appreciate it.

I have some follow up questions:

Regarding your schedule, I'm not 100% clear. So when you say

911 x 0.1 means 0.1 x one pack of 911? 

912 x 0.5 means half a pack of 912 per pig? 

913 x 30 means what? 3 pack of 913? 

914 x 20 means 2 pack? 

916 x 10 means 1 pack? 

About buying back pigs, I read in an earlier comment from you that you sell back to Perfecq directly for 50+ pigs at CP price or better. So if I have a batch of 70+ pigs and feed them Perfecq food, you cannot sell them back to Perfeqc? 

Many thanks. 

yes. exactly what i ment with theschedule. i usualy, make pens of 10 pigs and and one 10 pig pen eats: 1 bag 911, 5 bags 912, 30 bags 913, 20 bags 914, 10 bags 916. After this, they, average 100kg.
(official perfeqc program says one pig needs some,creep.feed and 1 bag of 911/912, but when i did, so i got far, too much belly fat and fat pigs. However if you wean at 15 fays, or, 3 weeks, you would, certainly need, that).

Buying back pigs: I can sell pigs back because im not only a perfeqc client but also a disease, free farm they check regularly. It is possible for others to do so too but it requires more then just buying their feed. I know several farms who can and do and I know several farms who cannot.

And prices are usualy 'close to cp' it still differs and i have, seen them 2thb under to 5thb over, depending on quality. those over cp price are exported.)
Export orders sometimes require bigger pigs. One batch i sold for the chinese market all needed to be 120-130kg, with lots of red meat, and not much fat.

• Like 1

@ revar 

thanks for those details. The pig food pricing looks good. I think I can transport food from around Bangkok to Kalasin for about 18-20 baht per pack. So still looks reasonable. 

The issue for me would be that I can sell back the pig at a decent price. 

Just out of interest, does Perfeqc kill pigs/sell meat themselves? Just asking because I've never heard them doing this. 

selling pigs, is, always, the biggest problem lol.
There are perfeqc butchers in some, areas and some holding farms for export pigs.
But again, i would never want to rely on that. certainly not for long term plans.

a, question for those with a lot more experience with sows.
A sow, which usualy, has, 15-17 piglets just, aborted 24 piglets, of 8cm.
I wonder, if the, reason could be that it, was, just too many. And, if so if i should AI her only once instead of, 2 times, with a, 12hr, interval. (she, has, had, 7 litters, of 13-19 and 2 abortions, the,first one,after litter 4)

15 hours ago, revar said:

a, question for those with a lot more experience with sows.
A sow, which usualy, has, 15-17 piglets just, aborted 24 piglets, of 8cm.
I wonder, if the, reason could be that it, was, just too many. And, if so if i should AI her only once instead of, 2 times, with a, 12hr, interval. (she, has, had, 7 litters, of 13-19 and 2 abortions, the,first one,after litter 4)

from what i can see, a problem sow will always be a problem, if not today, tomorrow.

abortion at any time, say at day 25 or day 105 the pig would then be on the cull waiting list, same with returns with a discharge, bad legs or feet, also sows that are aggressive, hard to control..... to many down days on too many pigs.......a lot of lost baht.

you must have the timing right to have  said numbers from said sow, 1 or 2 AI sounds right. i would always judge a sow on how many she weans, example birth 19 wean 18, good, birth 19 wean 11 very bad.

the other day the farm had a parity 14 loose-abort at day 19, i would put this down to a tired mum-body.... we are always told to try and keep the parity under 10, but this is not always possible due to poor gilt quality......

a farm that runs at 1 or 2 percent loss/abortions is a normal farm, any more than that.......

• 3 weeks later...

just been going through the wifes paper work, month end, and was surprised to see the born alive numbers. these pigs were AI ed march into april and looking at my records it was very hot then, day and night.... the bad bit had 3 mums that birthed total mummified piglets, mostly small black jobbies that indicate death before day 50. due to the heat me thinks..... spoken with other farms and also seen on facebook shares that a good few farms have been having same problems.

even including these 3 mum total lost the born alive was still over 12 per mum on 47 mums for the month, the farm is currently running at death/crushing at under 3 percent a month at the mo for the year, last month was under 1 percent..... but that was on only 37 mum for the month. looking at the books over the years I can see trends that indicate when the farm has problem months due to mummified piglets the born/wean numbers on the other mum are very high..........

today the farm has had 4 mums birthing so far and has 64 viable piglets..... with another 3 small piglets that were born at 1kg each and 2 mummified, crazy mumbers at the mo.

sister in law has had 2 mums birthed this month and both have 11 piglets alive each at around day 10 and 17 at the mo. she has the mums in a pen so that the sow can walk about, only 1 piglet lost to crushing so far.

during the cold season this year we are going to change the ceiling in the farm and try and stop the heat ingress this way, with a bit of luck it will cut the mummified piglet numbers and save and running costs

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It talks alot of a trade agreement between Thailand and USA regarding pigs. And that is the uncertainty that holds back the price of pigs. Is there anyone that know when we will have a decision for or against such agreement.

• 3 weeks later...
just been going through the wifes paper work, month end, and was surprised to see the born alive numbers. these pigs were AI ed march into april and looking at my records it was very hot then, day and night.... the bad bit had 3 mums that birthed total mummified piglets, mostly small black jobbies that indicate death before day 50. due to the heat me thinks..... spoken with other farms and also seen on facebook shares that a good few farms have been having same problems.
even including these 3 mum total lost the born alive was still over 12 per mum on 47 mums for the month, the farm is currently running at death/crushing at under 3 percent a month at the mo for the year, last month was under 1 percent..... but that was on only 37 mum for the month. looking at the books over the years I can see trends that indicate when the farm has problem months due to mummified piglets the born/wean numbers on the other mum are very high..........
today the farm has had 4 mums birthing so far and has 64 viable piglets..... with another 3 small piglets that were born at 1kg each and 2 mummified, crazy mumbers at the mo.
sister in law has had 2 mums birthed this month and both have 11 piglets alive each at around day 10 and 17 at the mo. she has the mums in a pen so that the sow can walk about, only 1 piglet lost to crushing so far.
during the cold season this year we are going to change the ceiling in the farm and try and stop the heat ingress this way, with a bit of luck it will cut the mummified piglet numbers and save and running costs

Love your honesty. Riminds me of my piggery days i Philippines. Lol

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app