Thai Skirt Suits Now Too Small On Me; What To Do?

bina

anybody got any ideas?

i have two lovely suits, very thai-- u know, the ones with the khun ying jacket shirt that buttons up and has a rounded collar

one is apricot with white piping, and apricot mud mee skirt-- its definatelly not in style here except maybe among the orthodox jews that still allow colours other then blue to be worn :) however i like it (the suit) its the one i got married in (pics in thai visa somewhere)...

the thing is, ive got a bit heavier around the thighs, buttocks, and tummy (sag :(( ) .... they were all tailored for me six years ago soooooooooooo....

would like some ideas for a 'remake' or re use of the skirt. i sew, but am not brilliant at it i guess i could find a tailor here (the russian women go to tailors and do tailoring)but dont know what i would have them do with it.

the other suit - one long skirt (khun ying style also) the fabric is cotton and i could resew from it.the blouse i actually can wear and also the skirt, if i could maybe widen it? its wearable here on holidays and stuff, if a bit formal.

the third is a bright red mud mee print silk patung, i cant even slide it over my legs!!!!!

the last is one of those long skirts that are used in royal events etc: heavy purple silk and gold threads etc... havent even found any young girls that can get it on, never mind who would wear it here...

i dont need to make pillows and such from them-- so..........creative ideas anyone?

i also have two silk blouses (also that thai formal style but my designs), padded shoulders , the whole works. right, ill wear that at work at the hotel or around kibbutz ;)) .... anon's women family are issaan farmers and dont wear this stuff anyhow , maximum they wear jeans and slinky top...or issaan evening wear.

willing to send it overseas if someone needs thai formal or semi formal wear LOL...except for wedding suit but in petite sizes

onother hand, i need some black fitted skirts for work, i've found that i like wearing skirts now, they are more flattering, more comfortable, but also, here, make me seem religious since i dont wear minis..

bina

israel

Send them to me :D

Except I think you are shorter than me :P

Creative ideas with fabric that don't involve pillow cases. Hmmm. Table runners? Scarves? Have it refashioned into a blouse?

table runners?!!! first i have to make room on our table since it is tthe clutter collecter area........

i think shorts/cullotes it will be... maybe one i will widen with strips from some other silk like material.. worse comes to worse, they dont work out . either way i dont wear them anymore and no one here will buy them so i cant lose out....

sbk, they do not come with whips attached. nor can u wear them with black boots. only high heels. and last i heard, u were wearing elegant island flip flops.

bina