Iranian Man Arrested At Suvarnabhumi With 5.7Kgs Of 'Ice'

webfact

$2,000 for 20 years... hope he feels his payment of $8 a month was sufficient and worthwhile.

and that's if he doesn't get a lethal injection for his efforts. Hard to explain that 5.7 kilos coming through the airport was anything other than trafficking.

Haa kiloo jetreu grams. Naam kaeng mai penn kaeng maak, chai mai khrap" :jap:

Carmen Miranda (remember her?) used to pack out her platform shoes with cocaine. She never  got caught AFAIK but then drugs were not anything like the problem that they are now. I wonder if the Custom guys check out the towels that Middle East peoples wear on their heads? Would that be enough to kick off a jihad? 

if she never got caught then how do you know about it? Be interested to see some hard facts to back up that rather interesting statement.

as for the "towels on head thing" well I guess there are rednecks everywhere. I would suggest you put some sunscreen on.

Just because no police action was reported doesn't mean that it didn't happen. That sort of thing happens all the time in LoS, particularly if you are well connected. The film studio bosses in those times would have no problem in ensuring that the story received minimal coverage. Since her heyday was in my formative years she appeared on my radar very briefly. I had no interest in her as an artiste, in fact found her faintly ridiculous, so I guess that I picked up the snippet of information from the media at the time. The accusation was made in a book and AFAIK no retraction was made or civil lawsuit mounted. It is accepted that she was addicted to amphetamines and barbiturates and that she smoked and drank to excess. 

I agree that there are rednecks everywhere and we might suppose that they greatly outnumber those who find redeeming features in reactionaries who fly aircraft into buildings, stone women to death and issue fatwas against those with whom they have ideological differences. I might show a degree of respect when they show some to the peoples of the developed world. To stop calling us infidels would be a start. 

Since I claim to not be an effete poseur I see little point in smearing myself with expensive rip-off oils and make a counter suggestion. Perhaps you would care to dismount from your high horse.

What does 5.7 kilos of ice coming out of a microwave look like?

microwave.jpg

The perp is a little camera shy.

Iranian Man Busted with 'Ice' Worth 20 Million Baht

Authorities of the customs department has detained an Iranian man found in possession of more than five kilograms of 'ice' or methamphetamine with a street value of more than 20 million baht hidden inside a microwave oven.

What does 1.7 kilos of ice stuffed into four plastic bags look like?

resizerq.jpg

Michael Sacatides in front of the methampetamines allegedly found in his luggage. (Nine News)

Sydney man faces ice charges in Bali upon arrival from Thailand

A 43-year-old Sydney man has been arrested in Bali after allegedly being found with 1.7kg of the drug ice in his luggage. Michael Sacatides was arrested after landing in Bali on an Air Asia flight from Bangkok, Thailand, with four plastic bags full of methamphetamine. "When passing through the X-ray officers became suspicious of a plastic bag in his luggage," customs official Bagus Endro Wibowo said.

Sacatides from the western Sydney suburb of Wentworthville, has reportedly been working in Thailand as a kick-boxing instructor. The Daily Telegraph has reported that Sacatides told police he was given the suitcase by an Indian man in Bangkok. Sacatides could face the death penalty if found guilty

Continues:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8097123/sydney-man-faces-ice-charges-in-bali

Nine News (Australia) - October 1, 2010