Swimming Pool

jitagon

• 2 weeks later...
I want to install a small (only 4x6m) pool. The prices charged by local companies seem a bit steep. Would it be worth building it myself?

i just rented a back hoe (excavator). for 2500 bhat/hr it can easily dig a hole big enough for a 4x6m pool. I would estimate about 10,000 for concrete, blocks and steel and maybe another 10,000 for tile. however, i've never done a pool so i can't give you any specific advice but i'm probably going to try something myself in a few months.

one thing to remember us the running costs of a pool can be quite high, chemicals, electrice, water etc

You can build this size of a pool yourself.

1. Look for solid ground

2. 25 cm floors and walls will do, use lots of steel.

3. Casting, filling up CPAC cement in one step advisable to avoid cracks.

4. sprinkle water for 14 days :o avoids cracks

5. Granite tiles are not so expensive and cleaning very easy.

6. 1 sand filter australian made with backwash and rinse.

7. 1,5 HP pump needed to apply enough pressure for backwash.

8. UV filter reduces chlorine consumption by 50 % :D and provides a pleasant smell.

9. Run filter 12 hours per day in steps of 4 hours reduces electricity bill. Total running costs per month about THB 1000

10. for chemical information you can look

www.poolandspa.com

www.spadepot.com

www.lenntech.com

You can also buy 4x8 m fiberglass pools in Pattaya for THB 200,000

Easy to install and repair and move to new place move your pool along.

Do not hesitate to ask, I have some hardlearned experience about pool and water preparation.

I´m going to get mine from www.intexcorp.com

Here´s the adress of the distributor in Thailand

Siskong Co. Ltd.

21 Soi Pipat, Silom Rd.

Bangkok - 10500, Thailand

Tel: 662 - 223 1640

Fax: 662 - 226 1211

Available in 10', 12', 15', & 18' diameters.The 18 diameter pool will do it for me in the sticks.I prefer relaxing in a pool to swimming anyways :o

• 3 weeks later...

1. Look for solid ground

4. sprinkle water for 14 days :o  avoids cracks

8. UV filter reduces chlorine consumption by 50 %  :D and provides a pleasant smell.

9. Run filter 12 hours per day in steps of 4 hours reduces electricity bill. Total running costs per month about THB 1000

www.poolandspa.com

www.spadepot.com

www.lenntech.com

Do not hesitate to ask, I have some hardlearned experience about pool and water preparation.

Great Advice Roiet, thank you;

Perchance, do you have any schematics for laying the plumbing and electrics as these appear to be 2 important things to get correct before laying concrete. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Regards

1. Look for solid ground

4. sprinkle water for 14 days :o  avoids cracks

8. UV filter reduces chlorine consumption by 50 %  :D and provides a pleasant smell.

www.poolandspa.com

www.spadepot.com

www.lenntech.com

Great Advice Roiet, thank you;

Perchance, do you have any schematics for laying the plumbing and electrics as these appear to be 2 important things to get correct before laying concrete. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Regards

Tango, this site is for a very large ellaborate pool, but it might give you some help with plumbing and electrics.

www.howibuiltmyownpool.com

Hello Roiet - I was told by an engineer friend of mine that white cement is used to line many pools in Australia - is this the same 'white cement'? Or is it only a sealer unsuitable as a final finish? I wanted a white swimming pool, but not tiles. My builder has suggested what is locally known as 'hin cut', cement with differing sized aggregates and colours, but worried about the possibility of algae. Do you have any experience with this product? Also, do you know anything about those 'Floatron' water purifying discs? Are they just expensive frisbees? All any information gratefully received.

Hello Roiet - I was told by an engineer friend of mine that white cement is used to line many pools in Australia - is this the same 'white cement'? Or is it only a sealer unsuitable as a final finish? I wanted a white swimming pool, but not tiles. My builder has suggested what is locally known as 'hin cut', cement with differing sized aggregates and colours, but worried about the possibility of algae. Do you have any experience with this product? Also, do you know anything about those 'Floatron' water purifying discs? Are they just expensive frisbees? All any information gratefully received.

This white cement is only a sealer. I would highly recommend to use large sized tiles for a pool in this climate. It prevents rapid grow of green and black algae.

Floatron is just an expensive frisbee.

Keep chlorine at a level of 1 ppm and PH around 7.5 and use a UV filter.

Happy swimming :o

• 1 year later...