Bangkok To Punish Rogue City Law Enforcement Officers

webfact

On one of my day dreaming flights of fancy today I thought to myself wouldn't it be great if the deputy governor and his entourage were on his inspection on the 30th and, coming across some obvious breach of the regulations, called forward the official responsible for that area before pulling out a 9mm and shooting him in the head before calmly saying "O.K. Next. Soi 3....."

On one of my day dreaming flights of fancy today I thought to myself wouldn't it be great if the deputy governor and his entourage were on his inspection on the 30th and, coming across some obvious breach of the regulations, called forward the official responsible for that area before pulling out a 9mm and shooting him in the head before calmly saying "O.K. Next. Soi 3....."

That's what I liked about evil masterminds in Bond and other -style movies...they got things done and hence-men that didn't cut the chase got removed. In style.

• Like 1

The thing is TAWP deep, deep down I'd love to see it. Some groveling, sniveling, bent official dragged in on his knees begging for mercy and trying to explain why the money earmarked for underprivildged kids to learn computers found its way into his pocket.

BANG!

• Like 2

I have no idea of the motivations of the deputy governor here...

But REALLY, who's joking who here...

I love Bangkok, but seriously, the entire city is one big sidewalk marketplace...

I'd be hard-pressed to point to any part of the city where sidewalk vendors and/or beggars aren't firmly emcamped...

OH by the way: what ever happened to the mid-Sept. campaign to remove all the beggars from the streets.

The faces may have changed, but the population is as big as ever... maybe some of the beggars got transferred to "inactive" posts... :rolleyes:

OH by the way: what ever happened to the mid-Sept. campaign to remove all the beggars from the streets.

The faces may have changed, but the population is as big as ever... maybe some of the beggars got transferred to "inactive" posts... :rolleyes:

You mean, become recipients of government handouts aka Social Welfare benefits?

Well, soon enough they will be...

you mean like this ?

William Shatner on Gun Control - It's How Well You Aim the Gun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0D78JtxmqI

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

"The rogue officers might be transferred and investigated. They might even face criminal charges, the Deputy Governor said."

I think 'rogue officers' is a misnomer. 'Rogue' means 'no longer belonging...not controllable or answerable; deviating, renegade'.

Thus a true rogue in Thai law enforcement would surely be honest and uncorrupt.

"The rogue officers might be transferred and investigated. They might even face criminal charges, the Deputy Governor said."

I think the 'action' word is 'might'. Still, good to know that at least the PR department is doing something.