New Car Purchase How Do You Pay Dealer?

tlcwaterfall

Hi,

Will be making a new car purchase soon. What is the best way of paying the dealer? Cash, bank deposit or do they accept bank cheques? This is my first car purchase in Thailand so need some help please.

Dealer has said they will accept cash or bank deposit but there is no way I want to carry a large amount of cash to the dealer.

With bank deposit my concern is that once they have the money and If I find something wrong with the car I have lost my negotiating advantage!

Very hard to walk away from the deal if they already have my money.

So if any experienced members can offer me some good advice it is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Three times cashier check. No problem.

if dealer and bank in same province, def cashier check. make copies of checks before handing over. In addition to a handwritten reciept for payment, you now how solid proof car is payed

if different provinces, cashier check not valid, and I have used Bank Draft successfully

Cashier cheque for us, not handed over until I was happy with the condition of the car!

Same here, verified what I ordered is what I was getting then handed over the cashier's check.

Spoke to dealer again yesterday and they are happy with cashiers cheque.

Pick up ordered and will be delivered around November 10.

Thank you everyone for your replies.