Dukes Restaurant

uptheos

Maybe some are not aware, but during the month of October, Dukes are offering a 10% discount on their pizzas, if you collect them yourself. This is good if you are in the neighbourhood or live not too far away and fancy a pizza at home. So, if for example you order a 450 Baht pizza, you save 45 Baht + 70 Baht (if you had it delivered) a saving of 115 Baht.

Order out directly and pick up your purchase and mention the "Thai Visa take out discount" for October and you will get a 10% discount. They will honor this offer at both locations

Well done Dukes for taking this initiative and it will be interesting to see if it continues after October if not we will know it wasn't successful, but at least we will also know that Dukes tried and that's certainly a thumbs up from me in terms of customer relations.

I have absolutely no connection to Dukes restaurant's.

Edited by uptheos

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No problem in promoting someone's business. Good luck to all.

But aren't there some more interesting threads to be created. Or are people tired of contributing to threads that either get flamed or get closed.

But aren't there some more interesting threads to be created. Or are people tired of contributing to threads that either get flamed or get closed.

Caf if I remember correctly you asked for some ideas regarding your friends business in CM in another thread and myself, Dave from the Dukes and a couple of people gave you some good advise, which you didn't even acknowledge ;)

Maybe that's why people don't contribute to your threads ;)

Back to topic and I hope the Dukes and their customers get something out of this deal :D

..Not Relevant to you "northerners" but...there is a Dukes Sports Bar in Kata Central run by California guy and two wives ..lol ...no food but counter type bar and about ten flat screens..s'okay..food comes from Tawan bar/restaurant opposite..best burgers I have eaten..french guy and Thai spouse ,,yes they are our good friends ..plug plug... cheapest beer in Phuket too methinks....:rolleyes:

Caf if I remember correctly you asked for some ideas regarding your friends business in CM in another thread and myself, Dave from the Dukes and a couple of people gave you some good advise, which you didn't even acknowledge ;)

Back to topic and I hope the Dukes and their customers get something out of this deal :D

Yes , we had some advice, some of it very useful and we are looking at it. Her boyfriend has been out of the country but has now done a summary for a plan forward.

This thread however is pure promotion. As i said nothinmg wrong with that but it is not very positive. Many posters are forgetting that this is a forum for exchanging views. I don't see any in this thread, do you?

As for people not contributing to my thread ( it actually wasn't my thread by the way) You are rather wrong on that both in terms of replies and pms. And we have to thank a moderator for that. Look at the thread and see how it got moving again after a moderator warning.

Let's try and get on and not score cheap points. I have already said I wish dukes luck and thanked people for contributing to ideas on my friend's business.

caf

This thread however is pure promotion. As i said nothinmg wrong with that but it is not very positive. Many posters are forgetting that this is a forum for exchanging views. I don't see any in this thread, do you?

caf

Where does it say it is a forum for exchanging views? The op who isn't connected to the Dukes has pointed out the info that the Dukes are running a discount on takeaways this month, this may be pertinent to other TV members if not yourself.

• Like 2

This forum's for whatever and whomever under the Thai sun as long as it concerns CM and its residents - that's how I see it. I'm happy to hear about places around town that are running promos worthy of telling others about. I often post about community goings-on as well, because you usually only hear about things after they've happened in this town.

Question: So Duke's is giving a 10% TV promotion, but not the 70B discount if you go by to pick up and take away yourself ?

• Like 1

As for people not contributing to my thread ( it actually wasn't my thread by the way) You are rather wrong on that both in terms of replies and pms. And we have to thank a moderator for that. Look at the thread and see how it got moving again after a moderator warning.

Let's try and get on and not score cheap points. I have already said I wish dukes luck and thanked people for contributing to ideas on my friend's business.

caf

its an informative post. nothing more. isn't 10% discount positive? if you want more interesting topics start one. easy.

What's interesting about this promotion is that it came off of an earlier discussion thread on discounts for take-out food, showing that TV discussions can have a direct and immediate effect.

Secondly, if The Duke's continues with the discount policy after the promotion period, it will show this to be a successful strategy to increase profits. Other places will follow suit, increase their profits while benefiting customers.

Everybody wins.

How is this contentious in any way?

• Like 1

What's interesting about this promotion is that it came off of an earlier discussion thread on discounts for take-out food, showing that TV discussions can have a direct and immediate effect.

Secondly, if The Duke's continues with the discount policy after the promotion period, it will show this to be a successful strategy to increase profits. Other places will follow suit, increase their profits while benefiting customers.

Everybody wins.

How is this contentious in any way?

I have to agree. Really a win/win.

My big question is if someone takes the time to go out will they be inclined to dine in the restaurant. I also have to say that I am wondering if any of the current MOW customers will leave the comforts of their home to travel for the discount. If it means that someone out doing errands makes a quick stop and gets something to go then it will be a success. So I have to say take advantage of the offer.

Small and medium orders and pizzas usually take about 10-20 minutes. Call in while shopping at Rimping or while getting in the car and if there is a spot in front of the restaurant feel free to call and say you are out front and the staff will bring it out.

• Like 2

I wish Dukes would offer discounts (on a daily/continuing basis) for those of us that live here in Chiang Mai. Like a "locals only" discount. Must show driver's license or some proof of residence. Charge those tourists a bit more. But those of us that would like to eat out more often, would certainly visit Dukes more often. What do others think?

Some friends of the owner might please pass this recommendation on to the owner.

Thanks.

I wish Dukes would offer discounts (on a daily/continuing basis) for those of us that live here in Chiang Mai. Like a "locals only" discount. Must show driver's license or some proof of residence. Charge those tourists a bit more. But those of us that would like to eat out more often, would certainly visit Dukes more often. What do others think?

Some friends of the owner might please pass this recommendation on to the owner.

Thanks.

double pricing? interesting idea. nice one.

• Like 1

1) There are a lot of raves about pizza, for heaven's sake, from Duke's. Seems expensive too, even after the 10% if i pick one up. What's so exceptional? (Talking myself into it already, I see.):rolleyes:

2) I think that the strong baht is driving people crazy. Any restaurant owner in Chiang Mai who caters to western tastes has to be feeling utterly squoze (new word for the occasion - means squeezed from two sides and then squeezed from a third); on the one hand, tourists are all but absent; on the other hand inflation is a reality in Thailand; and on the third hand a lot of these threads are about restaurants lowering prices. It is not the hot season, so what's the cause of this irrational madness of pressuring businesses that are trying to keep from ending up as a name on another long-running thread? (It worked; I'm gonna try one.):lol:

I wonder how many posts I've made to see myself blab.<_<

Edited by CMX
  • Like 1

1) There are a lot of raves about pizza, for heaven's sake, from Duke's.... What's so exceptional?

They actually taste like real pizzas from the U.S.. For Thailand, that is almost unheard of. They are also cheaper than most of the places making psuedo-pizza, so one more reason to do the Duke's. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

caf

Where does it say it is a forum for exchanging views? The op who isn't connected to the Dukes has pointed out the info that the Dukes are running a discount on takeaways this month, this may be pertinent to other TV members if not yourself.

Agreed, it's funny how some people get on their high horse about certain places offering deals to people, but never worry about other places advertising specials or offering discount cards. IMO the more discounts and specials on offer the better and this forum reaches a lot of people.

Dukes are trying something out as a direct result from discussions on a previous thread, it might work or it might not, but at least they have the balls to give it a go. :)

• Like 1

I think the 10 per cent discount might be because their is NO VAT on takeout orders ??

I guess Dukes will clarify.

He he biggrin.gif a negative vote for this comment........bring it on baby.

In fact I'm getting negative votes for anything mentioning Dukes......oh the jealousy cheesy.gif

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

Thanks.

In a sense this already happens, since many locals head for the recently-enlarged riverside-location, where prices are (I believe) slightly-lower than the touristy-branch in the Night Bizarre (sic).

Thanks.

In a sense this already happens, since many locals head for the recently-enlarged riverside-location, where prices are (I believe) slightly-lower than the touristy-branch in the Night Bizarre (sic).

I didn't realise this - thanks for the information, always looking for the bargain. smile.gif

1) There are a lot of raves about pizza, for heaven's sake, from Duke's.... What's so exceptional?

They actually taste like real pizzas from the U.S.. For Thailand, that is almost unheard of. They are also cheaper than most of the places making psuedo-pizza, so one more reason to do the Duke's. :thumbsup:

Good luck to Dukes, but I have had better pizzas at Guitarman (and they are much better value).

Not sure what a "real pizza from the US" is. The best I have ever had was out of the back of a van in a small town in the Italian Dolomites. Awesome.

Rgds

Good luck to Dukes, but I have had better pizzas at Guitarman (and they are much better value).

Not sure what a "real pizza from the US" is. The best I have ever had was out of the back of a van in a small town in the Italian Dolomites. Awesome.

Rgds

As a Brit, I too am not sure what exactly constitutes a real American pizza and how it differs from other pizzas, but I bet UG will be along to inform me. wink.gif

I'm a Brit as well but I think it's to do with the pizza base - the Italian Pizza has a thin crispier base while the American is more thick and doughy, I'll be proved wrong by one of our cousins shortly i'm sure :D

Rgds

As a Brit, I too am not sure what exactly constitutes a real American pizza and how it differs from other pizzas, but I bet UG will be along to inform me. wink.gif

I'm also a Brit but I think the difference is that the Italian pizza has a thin cripsy base while the American is thicker and more doughy, I'm sure one of our cousins will be along shortly to prove me wrong :D

Edited by anonymouse