Dukes Restaurant

uptheos

Surely, if the owner of The Dukes (or indeed any other restaurant) feels it important to let customers know that 7% VAT is being correctly applied and passed on by the restaurant, then on their price list, menu and/or bill it could read:

"Our prices include VAT" (and if felt neccessary: "Please ask for details as to our pricing policy")

And then the price they advertise their goods and services at, will be the price the customer pays. Simple really.

Rgds

Edited by Contractor
  • Like 2

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

is it possible to see who gives you red or green marks? It's not a feature I've used yet . . . . I think I'll post this then flag myself to see what happens. . . how exciting!

David

Ah - - - one can't flag oneself.... ! Please could someone put me out of my misery?

Thanks

David

• Like 1

is it possible to see who gives you red or green marks? It's not a feature I've used yet . . . . I think I'll post this then flag myself to see what happens. . . how exciting!

David

Here you are David a green for you......are you any wiser now? wink.gif

David

Here you are David a green for you......are you any wiser now? wink.gif

Yes, great thanks Uptheos :)

Now . . . where shall I start :jap:

David

Ah - - - one can't flag oneself.... ! Please could someone put me out of my misery?

Thanks

David

Click on the number whether it be green or red and the name of the voter will come up. You can also click on a zero to see if someone has cancelled a red by giving you a green, or vice versa.

Edited by Blinky Bill
  • Like 1

To follow the argument that this 7% is someone elses money to its logical conclusion why not make all of the menu prices really cheap and then add a percentage for rent, more for staff, another for depreciation on capital investment (equipment), etc? That way you could make the menu prices APPEAR REALLY LOW and so long as you stated all of these "add-ons" it would of course be honest. But would it be really up-front and fair? :blink:

Isn't that what the 'service charge' is suppose to be about in establishments that include it at the end of the tab? However, I have heard that the staff never receives it. It's an accepted way of dinging the customer an additional 10%. :whistling:

Speaking again and again of RED herrings, I know of no thread better formed to let me know about RED spots.

Why does the forum allow a chap with more red spots than the victim of measles or a pox to post red spots to another's "reputation?'

I mean no disrespect to the poor soul. Any of us could have innocently inflicted ourselves with a termagant wife or be victims of severe inoperable hemorrhoids. These are passages in our lives, but why should we be allowed to spread our misery by a computer? While one is red (doubtless merely from itching here and there), there should be no spreading of the infection.

• Like 1

I have to agree with november222.

getgoin offers a 10% discount to all Thai Visa members.

He's not hurting, actually doing relatively well in the down turn.

Offered it because he was asked.

Now some few are picking the place apart- VAT included or not, yadda yadda.

Really makes me wonder sometimes.....;)

Me dear old mum, she'll be 83 tomorrow, used to tell me:

"If you don't have anything good to say about someone- better to say nothing at all".

:jap:

• Like 2

OK, after a somewhat rocky road, with a bit of pizza slinging, reports and complaints, wounded egos et al- we are putting this topic to bed.

Tucking in the blankets and reading a nice bedtime story, so to speak....

Thanks for all contributions, and have a splendid evening.:jap:

///closed////

• Like 1