Flat Bed And/Or Rollback Tow Trucks In Thailand?

boatguy

First pic is a real beauty , is it a Dodge perhaps? :rolleyes:

Says GMC.

Are most of those that are in Thailand fairly short wheel base, or do they have longer ones for transporting the bigger pick-up trucks that might find themselves involved in an accident??

I'm asking this as I have seen a few of these type trucks transporting 20 foot containers in the USA. They are able to pick-up and off-load the containers in locations that do not have other means to handle a containers that might be being used for storage at those locations.

...good description

Many work trucks that you see on the roads and highways today offer only one, maybe two different job fields that they would serve well in. There is only one truck style that will provide benefits in any application that is needed for moving and hauling equipment or goods. The rollback wrecker is the truck style in which is being referred to.

You may see these truck styles utilized in many different professional fields. These fields can range from hauling wrecked or otherwise non-functioning vehicles to moving plain containers across town or the country. The rollback wrecker has fast become the most sought after vehicle style for working in the logistics fields.

As a wrecker, the rollback wrecker can haul a vehicle without any damage to the hauled vehicle. The hauled vehicle is completely off of the ground and being carried piggy-back style down the highways. With the added attachment of a car hauler equipped to the rear, the rollback wrecker doubles its utilization by carrying a single car on its back while pulling one behind it. With the wrecker being capable of carrying two cars at once, with no damage to either car, they are a perfect fit for the new and used car auctioning dealers. No extensive costs of having a large semi-trailer hauling a few cars, this type of vehicle costs approximately half of a large truck to operate.

In the environmental field, this vehicle can be used to haul a variety of containers to and from jobsites and landfills. Anything from a single drum of waste or chemicals to a large container box of soil can be hauled safely without any risk to shifting weights of the material. The wrecker is a less expensive alternative to the more specialized equipment such as a roll-off truck or a semi truck and trailer with a lift-gate.

In the rental equipment field, one can imagine that a rollback is the single most valuable piece of equipment to haul a range of rental equipment to and from jobsites. It can easily haul a single forklift, multiple forklifts or a single piece of larger equipment.

These are only a few different fields that can benefit from this type of designed truck. The ease of operation coupled with the low operating cost shows that this truck is a very versatile and indispensable piece of equipment to any profession.

Boatguy, I have started a very similar thread in the Bikes section today. I have a large chopper that doesn't fit in a regular pickup truck bed. I needed to have it towed a couple of weeks ago and couldn't find a flatbed similar to your photos to pick it up. I have never seen one here in Thailand, although just today I saw a very small tow truck with a small cherry picker on the back. It would not be able to lift a heavy truck, say a Fortuner or Vigo. I will be interested in your success in finding one.

Boatguy, I have started a very similar thread in the Bikes section today. I have a large chopper that doesn't fit in a regular pickup truck bed. I needed to have it towed a couple of weeks ago and couldn't find a flatbed similar to your photos to pick it up. I have never seen one here in Thailand, although just today I saw a very small tow truck with a small cherry picker on the back. It would not be able to lift a heavy truck, say a Fortuner or Vigo. I will be interested in your success in finding one.

You might think they'd have at least a few of those Isuzu based ones, particularly with the total number of vehicles they have on the road. So there are bound to be a significant number of fender benders requiring am accident vehicle to be towed??

We use tilt trays often moving vehicles between our Laem Chabang facility and our bangkok business..... what location are you looking to need one for ??

I am considering buying a 20 foot container in Balt MD and shipping it to Thailand after the first of the year. I then need to get that container up to Khon Kaen.

Several reasons I am considering buying the container in USA. First off I can get one at a pretty reasonable price, Secondly I would like to take my time loading it with a bunch of personal items including file cabinets full of boat design reference materials, couple of computer, drafting table, and a sizable model train collection that I would like to set up here in Thailand. I don't currently have a living place large enough for all of that stuff, so I may wish to find a spot here in KK where I can set the 20 ft container and use it for storage until I find that larger place,

Can you move and spot place such a container? ...should be pretty light in the scheme of things.

Edited by boatguy

Definately have them, I had one for my own purposes some months ago unfortunately :( ..

Try CWC Car World Club (Thai version of AAA) no doubt they can hook you up with one in your area likely (no pun intended)...

Edited by WarpSpeed