Phuket Airport

Eric1949

I've always wondered why someone doesn't start an offsite discount long term parking lot nearby, especially now that they have again upped the price of long term parking at HKT. I suppose that's mafia controlled like everything else.

an aussie is doing so. not sure how profitable at 200 baht/day though

Trouble is getting a parking bay.

The car park is usually full of illegal taxis.

If you do find a parking bay when you get back you may find yourself blocked in by one of these.

But usually they are considerate enough not to apply the handbrake, so if blocked in you can regain your freedom by a bit of pushing.

I've always wondered why someone doesn't start an offsite discount long term parking lot nearby, especially now that they have again upped the price of long term parking at HKT. I suppose that's mafia controlled like everything else.

I agree with you but at 200 baht a day i just leave the car at home where i know it is safe and secure,

I am happy to pay 700 baht for someone to take us to the airport and have no trouble finding someone to do it from Chalong

I believe long term parking close to the airport with a variable day rate according to how long you stay would be a very successful

business with low costs once it is set up on freehold land

an aussie is doing so. not sure how profitable at 200 baht/day though

I saw it advertised once by looking at the map published its a long way from the airport

That's when i lost interest in using it

It needs to be close to the airport to be successful in my opinion