Overstay! Pattaya One Strongly Stands By Immigration Story

george

The obvious similarities in the names Pattaya One publication and Pattaya One News might also have many inclined to think they are connected.

I think it's reasonable for one to think that the Pattaya One publication has something to do with Pattaya One News.

Please see from the reply above: "The Pattaya One News website has nothing to do with the Pattaya One publication except that some individuals also co-own the paper".

You would have to speak to Pattaya One News to obtain further information about them, as we really have no idea.

You dont seem to have much of an idea about anything in print for either publication.........$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A week has gone by and we are yet to see or hear of anyone with the cash in hand, valid passport and no criminal warrants being detained at Swampy.

WHERE IS THE PROOF, WHERE IS THE BULLSHLT VINDICATION that George thinks has been supplied by the British Embassy. This whole saga is a crock of shlt along with your pathetic rag.

Ok then let me ask this...

Who is the Pattaya One Team of writers? Named by you as The Best?

After looking at the new string of threads that were just created (although I'm not sure why that was necessary as there was already a thread to discuss the first issue, but anyway, each story in that issue now gets its own thread), but anyway, looking at one of those threads, that team of "The Best Writers" would seem to include:

Neil Hutchinson, author of the book:

foolsdiarybg.png

foolsdiary1.png

Available for $15.95 + Postage

http://www.simply-thai.com/thailand-novels-and-bestsellers-a-fools-diary-by-neil-hutchison.htm

Another two from the "Best Writers" are listed as authors Tar Mack and Khun Dee (neither of which revealed a traceable background record for journalism).

Edited by Buchholz

None of my questions have been answered. They have been totally ignored by Pattaya One.

I just read another forum on the internet that now is asking the same questions about who is writing these stories and headlines that affect our dammmmmn lives here in Thailand.

The obvious similarities in the names Pattaya One publication and Pattaya One News might also have many inclined to think they are connected.

I think it's reasonable for one to think that the Pattaya One publication has something to do with Pattaya One News.

Please see from the reply above: "The Pattaya One News website has nothing to do with the Pattaya One publication except that some individuals also co-own the paper".

You would have to speak to Pattaya One News to obtain further information about them, as we really have no idea.

Exhibit 1. Confirmation from a guy called Howard Miller that a guy called Howard Miller is connected to Pattaya One.

Pattaya’s newest publication, Pattaya One, has signed a joint-venture agreement with ThaiVisa.com who will provide exclusive online access to Pattaya One’s content, in a downloadable PDF file containing electronic versions of the newspaper, from October 1st.

“Our association with ThaiVisa.com is an important development for us as a new publication, and for our advertisers, and we are delighted to be working with ThaiVisa.com as the leading community/social networking English-language website in Thailand," says Howard Miller from Pattaya One.

Exhibit 2. Confirmation from a guy called Howard Miller that a guy called Howard Miller is owner of Pattaya One News, from an old Stickman interview.

Well, I have got the TV news service and the website news service. Before I was involved with Pattaya City News. I had a nasty break up with my Thai partner and that is why we created Pattaya One News. The website for Pattaya One is www.Pattayaone.net.

There must be a smiple explanation. Obviously there are two Howard Millers one runs Pattaya One and one runs Pattaya One News. So it is understandable that confusion can arise.

It should now be obvious to simpletons reading this that:

The Pattaya One News website has nothing to do with the Pattaya One publication

If you need any information on Pattaya One, just ask Howard Miller.

If you need information on Pattaya One News please direct questions to Howard Miller, no not that one the other one.

And a from the Pattaya One publisher. You'll be happy that a top guy is in charge of upholding standards:

ขอ ต้อนรับ ทุกท่าน สู่ HORNY TEAM

Meaning ' Welcome everyone to the Horny Team '

source: His Windows Live profile

(Love the pic of Howard holding the gun in the 'Friends' panel)

There has been no change of policy what-so-ever! Either in action of written form.

This has been borne out by:

Checks with Thai Immigration IDC officers

Checks with Embassies with people in the IDC

Checks with the Suwanapum Airport overstay enforcement officers

Checks with and confirmations multiple people who have overstayed and exited as before without detention

Sadly this story is dead. I respect this forum, but quoting unconfirmed Pattaya One sources is irresponsible and has caused panic. Since this story broke embassies have been inundated with requests for confirmation or denial of the "supposed new policy"!

Every embassy I have spoken to has confirmed business as usual with overstays at the moment.

Breaking the law is still breaking the law and to be frowned on by one and all.

BB

So are Thaivisa and Pattaya One still standing by the story? As the hole you are digging for yourselves appears to be getting deeper.

Edited by onlooker

There has always been the option for immigration to jail overstayers. They just don't do it. Easier for them to extract the quick cash, if the overstayer can pay, and avoid the hassle (time, effort and paperwork) associated with the detainment of overstayers.

BTW - is there a coincidence that PattayaOne ran this story at the same time its hard copy hit the newsstands? Smells like a hype job to me. Will be interested to see if any legitimate reports of detainment of overstayers ever surface.

I don't wish to double post but I am copying below a Maestro post and my reply and questions from another thread running on this topic to ask if anyone who understands the Pattaya One story better than I do, whether it HAS been vindicated or not?!

Thank you,

Confused:blink:

snapback.pngMaestro, on 2010-10-07 22:47, said:

One overstay report has already been posted here. Three months overstay, went directly to Samui airport, was detained, ordered to pay 6,000 Baht, left two days later.

I am waiting for clarification whether the overstayer was sent to court and the money he paid was a fine, perhaps fine plus court fees, not bail. That would be the usual procedure when an overstayer is not let go by immigration at the border point with a summary fine of 500 Baht per day, maximum 20,000 Baht.

Had this overstayer gone to the local immigration office before going to the airport, he probably would have had to pay the maximum fine of 20,000 Baht but would not have been detained for a court hearing and would not have missed his flight.

P.S. It was bail, after all. Court hearing will be later.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Could you then clarify why Badbanker said in another thread:

Sadly this story is dead. I respect this forum, but quoting unconfirmed Pattaya One sources is irresponsible and has caused panic. Since this story broke embassies have been inundated with requests for confirmation or denial of the "supposed new policy"!

Every embassy I have spoken to has confirmed business as usual with overstays at the moment.

By "business as usual" does it mean overstayers have always been imprisoned?

I also read a Drew Noyes newspaper piece saying anyone overstaying UNDER 365 day would be allowed to leave without imprionment. Is this also wrong?

A confusing state of affairs really.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________