Overstay! Pattaya One Strongly Stands By Immigration Story

george

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"or you've spotted jim morrison alive in walking street to get even more audience?

Hey - what are you trying to do - put Thai Visa out of a job?!:

Jimmy Page Of Led Zeppelin Visits Pattaya

Oh dear, I really didn't need to see that picture. I hope I don't remember it the next time I play Led Zep 2.

What's that sound? . . . Listen carefully and you can hear it. Sounds not dissimilar to the bottom of barrel being scraped.

Here's to a reading 'Pattaya Mayor Abducted by Aliens' or 'Honarary Consul Ate My Hamster' exclusives in weeks to come.

• Like 2

So many of the people posting comments here are being so negative, so critical, and so unnecessarily horrible to Pattaya One. What is wrong with you all? What has made you so negative? Why can't you be encouraging and positive? I invite you to smell the flowers and see the beauty all around you. If negativity was your way of life in your home country, please consider leaving the past as the past. Every aggressive post you write has an unhealthy effect on you and your body's energy field, as well as on other people who read your posts.

I wish you all happiness.

Peter

• Like 1

Changian:

What's that sound? . . . Listen carefully and you can hear it. Sounds not dissimilar to the bottom of barrel being scraped.

Nope. I'm listening, but only hearing the sound of whirring computers around the world as people download our publication.

Here's to a reading 'Pattaya Mayor Abducted by Aliens' or 'Honarary Consul Ate My Hamster' exclusives in weeks to come.

Thanks. Now we have to rewrite the next two editions' headlines.

Renaissanc

You will be happy to hear the feedback in the real world outside of this enjoyably knockabout forum is incredibly positive and enthusiastic, but thanks for your support and wise words.

What a crock of shiiiit reply.

How about saying this instead...

Thank you all for your comments. We/Pattaya One can and will improve. We promise we will get the facts...names...dates...locations...details of our stories correct and true for our readers.

Instead you reply to a total Fluff Post by one of your friends telling us all to blindly follow his advice.

We are not Thai fools. We have a clue.

Pattaya One try again and use common sense.

Changian:

Nope. I'm listening, but only hearing the sound of whirring computers around the world as people download our publication.

Great news for you. But, if your publication is being downloaded by people looking for serious news (other than those looking for sub-tabloid gossip), don't expect it to last. Just being honest :jap:

This was a witty quip. I just thought, as many posters here thought, that your publication was a news source, which you seem to re-affirm it is not!

Renaissanc

You will be happy to hear the feedback in the real world outside of this enjoyably knockabout forum is incredibly positive and enthusiastic, but thanks for your support and wise words.

Good for you in that case. But please, please don't start "strongly standing by immigration stories" if you're not a news source! It makes your publication and Thaivisa look bad. I can understand that this partnership is great news for you, but in my honest opinion it was a terrible decision by Thaivisa.

He said...she said!

Rule number one of journalism is Who What When Where Why and How.

Tell us the story with facts and details or dont bother.

Are you a News-paper or just selling ads?

BTW... How about some dam_n follow up on stories.

Like the Italian...no...Russian lady who had a home invasion?

Who was she really?

and what is the status of the karate kid who had the yellow Hummer?

I wish the British government would do the same.

I think most of the posts on this topic are missing the point entirely. The main takeaway for me is that many foreigners seem to think they can overstay as long as they like, fork over some cash and board a plane home. Overstaying a few days or so is one thing; but weeks/months, even a year??? What arrogance on the part visitors to Thailand who think such behavior is OK and that the Thai authorities should accomodate their flagrant intransigence. Such behavior is an insult to the Thai people, and foreigners who actually comply with the law. Personally, those who overstay beyond a few weeks should have the book thrown at them; jail time and a hefty fine. And perhaps being banned from being allowed to return to the Kingdom.

I think the moral of this story / fisaco is that if you want to peddle crap then Thaivisa is a willing partner. What TV gets out of this, other than being a laughing stock and being conned into agreeing to promote ads for gogos and blow job bars I dont know. Hopefully a bucket load of cash.

Just downloaded the PDF of this quality newspaper... Can I have my bandwidth refunded if I promise to delete all traces of it?

Ah well, as they say at least no trees were harmed in reading this rag. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Definition within any vague legislation in thailand should be welcomed by visitors and expats. i have known of people trying to leave mae sai with a few weeks overstay that were detained in mae sai immigration indefinitely("the ghost", among others). If the laws are in place at least we will have guidelines defining what is legal and what is not. A step in the right direction. Also I think 6 months leeway on overstay is more than fair, if not too much.

FROM THAILAND NEWS CLIPPINGS

British Embassy Warns of Detention for Overstayers exceeding 42 days

Pattaya One overstay story vindicated

BANGKOK: -- The British Embassy in Bangkok have posted updated information on their website warning tourists and expatriates who overstay their permitted stay longer than 42 days that they face the risk of imprisonment.

Still current at 2 October 2010 under the heading “Help for British Nationals”, in the section sub-headed “Entry Requirements”, the Embassy's advice to British nationals is clear:

“If you stay in Thailand for longer than the time authorised on your arrival, and you do not have an extension of stay or a valid visa, then this is an offence under Thai Immigration law. You will be fined 500 baht per day for every day you overstay, excluding the first day, up to a maximum of 20,000 baht.

Any foreigner found by the authorities to have overstayed their visa is also at risk of being held in detention, fined and deported at their own expense. The Thai authorities have stated they will always enforce detention of overstays for more than 42 days. They may also be black-listed from re-entering Thailand.”

Source: http://ukinthailand....quirements&pg=4

This is not a new law or regulation; it has been in effect as part of the Immigration Act 1979 [2522] and is merely an enforcement of existing Immigration law, and affects both tourists and expats in Thailand. Under the Immigration Act [2522] overstay is punishable by a jail term of 2 years and/or a fine of maximum 20,000 baht.

"Section 81 : Any alien who stay in the Kingdom without permission or with

permission expired or revoked shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding

two years or a fine not exceeding 20,000 Baht or both."

The Royal Thai Immigration Bureau on October 1, 2010 appointed a new Immigration Commissioner. It is widely expected that enforcement of immigration rules and regulations will be carried out more rigorously under the new incumbent.

thaivisa-news.png

-- thaivisa.com 2010-10-02

footer_n.gif

Related stories:

- 2010-09-24: Thai Immigration introduces jail time for overstayers

- 2010-10-01: Overstay warning! Pattaya One strongly stands by Immigration story

- 2010-10-01: Full story: Visa Overstay - The untold story (Pattaya One, PDF download, 4,9MB)

I am curious as to what happens when tourists who have overstayed their visa months or years when they finally decide to go home. Especially if they cannot pay the B500 per day fine.

I just asked on another thread whether very long overstayers are worried about this, because if I was one I would be sneaking out of a land border and losing my passport now, rather than run the risk of being gouged and imprisoned when i turn up at the airport, or even picked up for some minor infraction locally, having their passport checked and being suddenly thrown into a very nasty world.

I wonder if the British Embassy is receiving lots of applications for replacement passports from people "on holiday" in Cambodia?? :whistling:

Well so far still no one at Immigration knows anything about the changes. No report in any newspaper yet. Nothing on any other embassy website. Not surprising that the British embassy have a mention of it as their Honary Consul in Pattaya, and owner of the newspaper who printed it, will have passed on the 'news'.

See Badbanker's update on another thread. ( Bear in mind he works with Immigration Officials on a daily basis and was asked by Maestro, one of the TV mods, to check the story out. )

So far it is all spurious talk! I spent the week working everyday with immigration airside at the airport, Suan Plu and Chaeng Wattana. They all laughed at the Thai Visa thread and the Pattaya One and the impending crackdown! It was business as usual for them. If you have 20k and a valid passport and a valid entry stamp you go free. Don't matter if you stayed 5 years?

My opinion is that the cover up usually causes you more pain than the initial screw up.

Look at Watergate and Nixon or Clinton and the women he denied sexual relations.

No other source in the world backs this Headline.

Are all the other Embassies asleep at the wheel?

Why no mention in the first news story about the Brittish Embassy or a quote with a name attatched?

Pattaya One we want truth and honesty here in Pattaya and on TV.

That is not too much to ask. Also can you have your "best writers" follow up on stories? Thank you and remember if you are in denial or post defensively you will lose customers not gain them from TV.

Vindication should come from us not you.

Changian:

Renaissanc

So why the media alliance then! TV is now just a joke which is mostly used for trolls ( me being 1 at times for pure kicks lol) and cant imagine PAttaya one actually having anything intresting to say

TV members please note:

One mans need to sell newspapers has opened a huge can of worms at immigration offices throughout Thailand.

His connections to the Brittish Embassy got this warning posted to cover his story.

You NEED to ask...what came first...the story leaked by PO or the Embassy knowing about it first.

There seems to be a huge conflict of interest.

NOW the people at immigration are being asked about it.

To save face they WILL arrest people who before could have paid a fine. Whats the next headline going to do?

Get all people with blue or green eyes searched at police stops? TV readers need to Google this rag and see whats going on. The publisher says they have the best writers in Thailand writing the stories. BUT in an online interview he says he writes ALL the stories and has photographers doing the leg work.

I have links and youtube back up for all I say.

I just want a Newspaper to report news and not create sales with half facts and half truths.

TV we trust you. We need to trust PO to post facts and not vindications to stories they know have been on the books for decades. Name names when you use quotes!!!!!!!

IAMSOBAD you appear to be making the mistake of confusing Pattaya One News, with the Pattaya One Publication when you write: " TV readers need to Google this rag and see whats going on. The publisher says they have the best writers in Thailand writing the stories. BUT in an online interview he says he writes ALL the stories and has photographers doing the leg work."

The Pattaya One News website has nothing to do with the Pattaya One publication except that some individuals also co-own the paper.

For the record, Pattaya One publication is a totally separate venture to Pattaya One News.

For the record, Pattaya One publication is a totally separate venture to Pattaya One News.

Could we be informed, then, who is the publication that publishes Pattaya One News and who publishes the news that the Pattaya One publication publishes?

Could we be informed, then, who is the publication that publishes Pattaya One News and who publishes the news that the Pattaya One publication publishes?

Bucholz, Pattaya One News website publishes its own news on its website, and Pattaya One publication publishes anything in the paper/mag/publication.

Bucholz, Pattaya One News website publishes its own news on its website, and Pattaya One publication publishes anything in the paper/mag/publication.

Thank you, but since you didn't choose to answer either of the "who" questions, I looked them up.

Pattaya One publication shows a "who" of:

Published and Edited by Singhanart Rullapak

which is printed at the bottom of the last page.

The cover of the first download-able issue lists www.pattayaone.net in the main header.

Clicking on www.pattayone.net brings up the Pattaya One News.

Nothing was found on the "About Us" or "Contact Us" sections on that website to let one know about the "who" there.

When the Pattaya One publication lists www.pattayaone.net in its header and that link takes one to Pattaya One News, I think it's reasonable for one to think that the Pattaya One publication has something to do with Pattaya One News. The obvious similarities in the names Pattaya One publication and Pattaya One News might also have many inclined to think they are connected. Also to add to the confusion, on Pattaya One News there is an article about the Pattaya One publication:

http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/28757/pattaya-one-forum-opens-on-thaivisa-com/

Any further clarification you might provide might be helpful or if anything in my post is in error, please correct it. Thank you.

Edited by Buchholz

The obvious similarities in the names Pattaya One publication and Pattaya One News might also have many inclined to think they are connected.

I think it's reasonable for one to think that the Pattaya One publication has something to do with Pattaya One News.

Please see from the reply above: "The Pattaya One News website has nothing to do with the Pattaya One publication except that some individuals also co-own the paper".

You would have to speak to Pattaya One News to obtain further information about them, as we really have no idea.

Ok then let me ask this...

Who is the Pattaya One Team of writers? Named by you as The Best?

What affiliation does the Honorary Consul of the British Embassy... Howard Miller... Tourist Police Assistant Howard Miller...Pattaya One Writer and Pattaya One News Writer all have in common in this thread?

I ask because I read TV for news that affects My Life and about bombs...riots...death...murder ...etc. And I/we need to know wbo is telling us this important info.

This begs the question??????

Why steal another businesses name and then tell me I am confusemd?

To us Pattaya One is pattaya One.

Seems like YOU have a branding problem and lack the creativity to use another name.

Do not blame me for your B.S.!