If You Are Listening To Music Now..

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"50Cents is worth just that $0.50"

Yeah, I don't buy his records, and I can't defend the indefensible :o Although, I wouldn't call A Tribe Called Quest rap; good tunes, though.

Was listening to:

Screamin' Jay Hawkins - I Put a Spell on You

Edited by kat

Yeah, I don't buy his records, and I can't defend the indefensible  :D Although, I wouldn't call A Tribe Called Quest rap; good tunes, though.

Was listening to:

How can you sasy that Tribe isn't rap? :o

What are they then?

CD in player=

Samurai Champloo:Night Out

Yeah, I don't buy his records, and I can't defend the indefensible  :D Although, I wouldn't call A Tribe Called Quest rap; good tunes, though.

Was listening to:

What are they then?

CD in player=

A Tribe Called Quest is so much more - jazz, rock, trip-hop, house and philosophy. They combine all the great New York house/hip-hop elements of the 1980s/early 90s. I also like related sounds Dee-lite, De la Soul, and the Beastie Boys. Technically, you are right - they are rap, but they're also much more.

Was listening to:

Fugees - The Score

weather report.......mysterious traveller.

weather report are ......

Josef Zawinul: Electric and acoustic piano, synthesizer, guitar, kalimba, organ, tamboura, clay drum, tac piano, melodica

Wayne Shorter: Soprano and tenor sax, tac piano

Alphonso Johnson: Bass

Miroslav Vitous: Bass (track 2 only)

Ishmael Wilburn: Drums

Skip Hadden: Drums (tracks 1 and 4 only)

Dom Um Romão: Percussion, drums

Ray Barretto: Percussion (track 3 only)

Meruga: Percussion (track 1 only)

Steve Little: Timpani (track 6 only)

Don Ashworth: Ocarinas and woodwinds (track 7 only)

Isacoff: Tabla, finger cymbals (track 7 only)

Edna Wright: Vocalists (track 1 only)

Marti McCall: Vocalists (track 1 only)

Jessica Smith: Vocalists (track 1 only)

James Gilstrad: Vocalists (track 1 only)

Billie Barnum: Vocalists (track 1 only)

Besides being a pair of the finer releases of the year [shorter's Moto Grosso Feio was paired with Mysterious Traveller for this review], these albums showcase the steady growth of Wayne Shorter into the most authoritative soprano sax force since Coltrane. The amazing thing about Shorter is that he has such an accurate sense of economy. As part of Weather Report, his playing has often been overshadowed by the formidable keyboard presence of Zawinul, yet he, more than anyone else in the unit, is responsible for the band's individual personality... Zawinul seems to be steering Report into a landscape of his own imagination, something that may not ultimately be compatible with Shorter's lyrical abilities. One thing is indisputable: both men show no sign of creative stagnation and, because of this, Weather Report remains one of the most seminal small ensembles of the day."

--Marv Hohman, Down Beat, November 7, 1974

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"From the moment the first track, 'Nubian Sundance,' explodes out of the speakers, it's clear that Weather Report have traveled mysteriously to a country--a whole continent, in fact--which has yet to figure on any map (and it's certainly not Nubia, nor Africa). It is a thrilling land of delicacy, power, color, light, and seemingly unending, unexpected, unsurpassable delights of all shapes and sizes, a land that has eluded all other explorers to this day."

--Brian Glasser, In A Silent Way, 2000

if you like electric jazz , you should like this.

still fresh after 30 years.

Was listening to:

What are they then?

CD in player=

A Tribe Called Quest is so much more - jazz, rock, trip-hop, house and philosophy. They combine all the great New York house/hip-hop elements of the 1980s/early 90s. I also like related sounds Dee-lite, De la Soul, and the Beastie Boys. Technically, you are right - they are rap, but they're also much more.

Okay, I agree with you wholeheartedly! Wish they would come back.

Was listening to:

Fugees - The Score

This was a group I liked until Mrs. Hill opened her mouth, then after such rasist comments wins a grammy. Double standard says I. Still good music butg I can't listen to her anymore.

Incubus:a crow left of the murder.../Sick Sad Little World

On second thought, it's probably better to censor it to protect young minds like Icey's  :D

:D:D:D

Don´t worry Ice... I´ll show you what 5saitung means in his song, when you get here.... (best explained in a nice comfy shower ) :o:D

edit: forgot the topic title... lol, I am now listening to Norah Jones... Humble Me.... "Went out on a limb, Gone to far, what do you say when it´s all gone away? It never rains when you want it to." :D

Edited by kayo