If You Are Listening To Music Now..

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Id go for the smiths over the cure although I don't know either in depth. Just curious, but why The Smiths? Anything in particular?

Playing on radio on way home:

amerie - one thing

oh yes, she will be mine..............one day!!! :o

Id go for the smiths over the cure although I don't know either in depth. Just curious, but why The Smiths? Anything in particular?

amerie - one thing

oh yes, she will be mine..............one day!!! :D

tbh Im the wrong person to ask on a smiths v cure debate as ive only heard one cure song!!! 'friday im in love'.

the basis of my opinion is on the fact I know more smiths stuff!

crap reason really!! :o

amerie - one thing

tbh Im the wrong person to ask on a smiths v cure debate as ive only heard one cure song!!! 'friday im in love'.

crap reason really!! :D

:o That's cool, just curious.

amerie - one thing

I like The Cure but, the strengh and depth of the vocals and guitar riffs from Morissey and Marr respectivley pisses all over The Cure. Just Google search for both bands lyrics and read through some, big difference.

The attitude aswell, the is he isn't gay question, the fact that rest of them hardly figured in this, only in the music probably contributed to the split of The Smiths.

The press have always had a very strange relationship with Morissey, mostly brought around by his strange aloofness mixed with undeniable intelligence.

Just a few reasons why you still here of The Smiths/Morissey far more than The Cure.

redrus

Edited by redrus

amerie - one thing

I like The Cure but, the strengh and depth of the vocals and guitar riffs from Morissey and Marr respectivley pisses all over The Cure. Just Google search for both bands lyrics and read through some, big difference.

The attitude aswell, the is he isn't gay question, the fact that rest of them hardly figured in this, only in the music probably contributed to the split of The Smiths.

The press have always had a very strange relationship with Morissey, mostly brought around by his strange aloofness mixed with undeniable intelligence.

Just a few reasons why you still here of The Smiths/Morissey far more than The Cure.

redrus

I would say that the Smiths and Morissesy are more popular in the UK then outside. The Cure are still very big over here and over the years I have met more people who know The Cure then The Smiths. I can't really say about Europe or Asia, but I know that The Cure tour dates inculde more stops world wide than in the UK. I also think that Morissey apeals to Brits more. What was that last song he did? English somthing Irish heart? I don't remember, but the point I am trying to make is that I don't thinks Yanks get him. It's a British thing I am thinking, but maybe I am wrong.

the smiths are probably better talent wise, buit I like the cure more.

In a punch up the cure would win.

I´m listening to blissful silence at the moment.

In the mood to listen to What it feels like for a girl Madonna, funnily enough.

Irish Blood, English Heart Bops.

There was a documentry on Morissey on UK tv not so long ago and, in contrast to what you say, to which I was also supprised, Morissey has a very large following in the US.

Comprising of very much the same kind of diverse backgrounds as the UK crowd.

Even more suprisingly, was the fact that he had a massive number of young Mexican followers who dig the way his kind of depressing lyrics are tinged with irony, cool guitars and, even dress in a similar, off the cuff style.

I'll see if I can find a link if you're interested.?

Gomez, Whipping Piccadilly..... :D:D , (from Chinesie Whispers)

redrus

* The Cure would not stand a chance in a punch with the Manc's..... :o

Edited by redrus

oops... must have been a typo, fella(tio) !

(ps: Tio in spanish means uncle, but that´s irrelevant there))))))))))

I don't know what to say to that, you've frettled my welter, so, I'm off ya weirdo..... :D:o

redrus

Irish Blood, English Heart Bops.

That's the one!

There was a documentry on Morissey on UK tv not so long ago and, in contrast to what you say, to which I was also supprised, Morissey has a very large following in the US.

Comprising of very much the same kind of diverse backgrounds as the UK crowd.

Even more suprisingly, was the fact that he had a massive number of young Mexican followers who dig the way his kind of depressing lyrics are tinged with irony, cool guitars and, even dress in a similar, off the cuff style.

I'll see if I can find a link if you're interested.?

Sure.

Gomez, Whipping Piccadilly..... :D:D , (from Chinesie Whispers)

What's Chinese Whispers?

redrus

* The Cure would not stand a chance in a punch with the Manc's..... :o

Well, I need to listen to more Morissey, I guess. All the friends I had liked The Cure better, so I never really listened to him all the much. I bet neither Morissey nor Smith care who people like more. :D

i am a "yank" who likes both 'the cure' and 'the smiths'... the former much more than the latter. morrissey was good one song at a time but i couldn't listen to him whine for a whole album. robert smith makes me happy.

Give me some Philly Soul any day of the week. Harold Melvin & the Bluenotes "The Love I Lost". The Spinners "I'll Be Around". Blue Magic "Sideshow". The Moments "Love on a Two Way Street". Main Ingredient "Everybody Plays the Fool" and "Just Dont wanna be Lonely". The O'Jays "Love Train" and "Back Stabbers". And last and certainly not least the great Stylistics "Betcha By Golly Wow", "You make me feel brank new", "Stone in Love with You", etc

oops... must have been a typo, fella(tio) !

(ps: Tio in spanish means uncle, but that´s irrelevant there))))))))))

I don't know what to say to that, you've frettled my welter, so, I'm off ya weirdo..... :D:D

redrus

Still... I like the stereophonics better than both those bands though. I mean, at least they don´t wear make up or take it up the..

:o

i am a "yank" who likes both 'the cure' and 'the smiths'... the former much more than the latter. morrissey was good one song at a time but i couldn't listen to him whine for a whole album. robert smith makes me happy.

Right on!

Right now....

Alice In Chains

Dirt

Track 03 Rain When I Die :o